FM -The final challenge

This is an idea that surely has come up many times before, but i couldnt find it on the forums, and wanted to know what you think of it.

So in medias res.

I think there should be an option to play FM without knowing the attributes of players. You should only get their greatest weaknesses and strenght and this only after good scouting. The rest should be judged by yourself via the players ingame achievments. I think this would model the real task of a manager better and give a new challenge and lots of atmosphere. Also there always should be the possibility for a super talent to become an abolute bum. Or from time to time someone who wasnt taunted very high should become a superstar anyway.

While i think this would make the game much more realistic and challenging theres one big challenge for programmers: The AI should be just as clueless as you about the player attributes. I think right now they only buy because of the attributes and potential which they magically seem to know. This makes the game a bit dull for you. IRL if soemone comes out of nowhere and puts in three goals in a game you can be sure he will be in a much higher esteem by the managers. No one says: Oh come on its still the same player with finishing so and so and his PA is low too.

You will say: Yes but in real life i can see a player and judge him by that, as i cant personally meet the player in FM we can see his attributes. But thats actually not correct, because you can see his stats just as in real life, you can see his games, and you get a summary of your scouts/yourself about his biggest strenghts weaknesses. Of course a player with a great shot in Conference will not be judged that neccessarily by a PL team.

What do you think about this, would you be just as keen as me to play this mode? Do you think its possible for AI to judge players only by their ingame achievments. I know this is surely not planned to go into FM, also if it ever was considered it would be an idea for FM 2011/12.

So bad idea? Undoable? Or would you like to see that, or something similar , too.

Would also be very interesting what the developers think about this.

What do you think about this, would you be just as keen as me to play this mode? Do you think its possible for AI to judge players only by their ingame achievments. I know this is surely not planned to go into FM, also if it ever was considered it would be an idea for FM 2011/12

I think I get what you're saying. No Attributes, ever.

As to this bit, the AI does judge by achievement to some degree. Player value seems to reflect match ratings and MoM ratings, coupled with league reputation.

However, you're right that the bulk of their judgment seems to rely on CA. If you bump the CA of a player to 190+ you'll be sure to have lots of offers the next week, as if by magic.

So what you're suggesting is to take this behavior out and let players be rated on visible stats, minus the attributes which will be hidden.

Sounds good to me. So how will you deal with 'Potential' as judged by scouts? Wouldn't want to remove one realistic feature for another...

Potential should still be in just like it is now. Only that from time to time the PA should change randomly drastically to simulate busts or "out of nowhere" players. I mean of course you can judge by potential then if something yould become out of this player, but by bringing in this random factor, you can never be sure, just like IRL. So your judgment should mostly be on what a player does on the pitch, even if your scouts are very high on him and might even be right. Off course the ultimate thing to pull out of this is having on pitch successes have bigger impact on attributes, so a player can have a high PA but when he constantly sucks on the field he will never reach those heights. ATM its more: High PA, automatically good player through training.

im 50/50 on this idea. I like the sound of it but i hate watching AI matches

I dont wanna watch them , too. Surely a real manager doesnt look video all day , too.

You will have to judge on statistics. Also scouts finally make sense. Send them out to get you video of good players. Send them to cover leagues and give you outstanding players in the stats. Thats the whole fun of the system. Right now you basically scout a player, look at his attributes and thats it. You know he will be ace, or a bust. But with this system scouting is so much more important. Also players get more personality. So theres this player in league 2 that really bombed this year, he is said to have a top shot, but needs to work on his pace...decriptions like this are already in the game, also EHM had a very nice way to describe the prospects this way (still having attributes in though).

Archived