Crazy ... fixture congestion ...

It's the end of the BSP 2010/2011 season and EVERY team in the BSP is playing on Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. There have been no re-arrangements. It's just been scheduled for every single team to play consecutive days, Monday and Tuesday.

Atleast everyone will have the same problem, but it's something that wouldn't happen ... ESPECIALLY ... considering, I am Redditch, we're at home on Monday and we're away in EXETER on the Tuesday. You'd be hard pushed to get to Exeter in that time, let alone prepare!

Oh well, a minor problem with an excellent game. As I said, everyone has the same problem, so it doesn't put me to a disadvantage.

But did they ever play 2 games in 2 days, Ive never seen that in football, 2 games in 3 days is the closest at Xmas.

Yeah, that is unrealistic. I have seen it only once in reality. I remember Man United played a league game on the Sunday and a Carling Cup tie against Arsenal the next evening. They were obviously 2 completely different line-ups. Arsenal won 4-0. I think it was about 7 or 8 years ago.

What Andy is saying though is the league has scheduled it like that, it's not due to his team having a cup run and playing catch up with league games.

That said, I never noticed it in my time in the Conference. Are you fully patched Andy?

Yeah, I am fully patched.

Actually, I'm not sure if it was scheduled this way or not, to be honest, having checked. I assumed it was, as both Monday and Tuesday have a full programme of games, I'd have thought moving the whole 12 games would be unlikely?

Yeah, I am fully patched.

Actually, I'm not sure if it was scheduled this way or not, to be honest, having checked. I assumed it was, as both Monday and Tuesday have a full programme of games, I'd have thought moving the whole 12 games would be unlikely?

Check in the league schedule. That should tell you the scheduled dates.

Yeah, that is unrealistic. I have seen it only once in reality. I remember Man United played a league game on the Sunday and a Carling Cup tie against Arsenal the next evening. They were obviously 2 completely different line-ups. Arsenal won 4-0. I think it was about 7 or 8 years ago.

my local team kings lynn once had to play 2 games in 2 days twice in one season due to getting further then expected in the fa cup lol and we was able to play prety much the same team for those games so y cant man u or any prem teams lol

That was FM06 so maybe it has changed now, but Icelandic league is maybe not setup all that well - when a team actually qualifies for group stages in Europe or somesuch you can get all kinds of mess - or even more so if you are in the Intertoto cup because that takes place in the middle of the Icelandic season!

I wasn't managing Fram so I didn't care though did feel slightly sorry for them even though they would still have finished miles behind Grindavik and IA Akranes whatever their fixture list had looked like - in the end they finished 5th or 6th and might conceivably have been one place higher had they had a better fixture list.

The most idiotic thing in the Icelandic league in FM06 was the lack of postponements for international matches (dunno if it has changed in FM08). Managing both Grindavik and IA Akranes who were both storming I was really looking forward to what was sure to be a title decider between the two unbeaten teams in the 3rd league game out from the end. Unfortunately the game coincided with International weekend and wasn't postponed despite 10 members of the IA Akranes squad being on duty with Iceland as well as one or two other players away and something like 15 Grindavik players away also, albeit none of them with Iceland who, ironically, were being managed by my Grindavik manager (I would add though that I didn't call up any extra Akranes players than usual just because of that). In the end IA Akranes won the title which was a huge achievement against a team who paid individual players almost as much as the entire Akranes team, but the gloss was taken off by a farcical title decider in which 2 goals from an out of contract Akranes midfielder who hadn't played all season and never played for them again afterwards settled the title :(

Archived