Work Permits for talented players

In IRL teams have often get work permits for players not meeting the work permit rules

Its often given if a player is deemed to increase the level of the league (i.e are very talented).

What sort of ability is required for this in FM08, or does outstanding ability not ever count.

i ask as i'm manager of eastleigh (in L2) and nepal. had a 19yo for nepal who had higher stats than any of my team (heading and marking 15, tackling 17) and i tried to sign him for eastleigh. The wp was refused (nepal are ranked 150 but he had played in every match for the last 2 years), since i couldn't sign him i had a look at fmm to see what ability he was, he had a CA of 93 and a PA of 196!

Only a previous game i signed a chilean for a championship side who became a leading prem player(chile where ranked about 40), who had no full caps but about 15 u21 caps.

Any ideas how the wp rules are applied in FM08?

Should it always be possible to get a WP for really talented players as i imagine you would in IRL

jod123: the appeal failed as well so that doesn't work.

AB-forever: The AI would know which decides on the WP, how do people in IRL know how talented a player is?

Also i don't think his age is a factor, southampton sighed marian pahars years ago when he was still a teenager and had'nt played for latvia who were ranked really low at the time.

jod123: the appeal failed as well so that doesn't work.

AB-forever: The AI would know which decides on the WP, how do people in IRL know how talented a player is?

Also i don't think his age is a factor, southampton sighed marian pahars years ago when he was still a teenager and had'nt played for latvia who were ranked really low at the time.

That should work. Reputation probably plays a part as well.

Archived