injuries in warms ups

Most probably because, yes it would be frustrating as is football, it would add more realism which is what most people want!

Fun > Realism

I don't think there is any point in adding things for the sake of realism. SI should only add things that would add something to the game and personally, I don't think this would.

yeah it should be implemented, maybe as a extra hidden stat. it only seems to happen in the top leagues, maybe due to the pampered puffs being too wimpy.

i watched the York City vs Mansfield Town game on setanta the other week, what an exciting game of football that was. im watching the man u-chelsea match on sky and its nowhere near as good as that match was.

Am I the only one that wouldn't want to see this? Think it would just be frustrating rather than adding anything to the game.

Provided it only happened as often as it does in real life it could be quite good. If it happened too often it would be a nightmare.

If you're advocating this then why not push for substitutes to be sent off while we're at it. It can happen in real matches so why should it not happen on FM?

My only problem with that sort of thing is that it wouldn't take much for it to become a common feature of matches where it would happen many times in a season whereas IRL it happens once in a blue moon. If that can be avoided I'm all for it.

Provided it only happened as often as it does in real life it could be quite good. If it happened too often it would be a nightmare.

I agree with you dafuge. I think it would be terrible if this happened too often. I'd be worried if it happened just when you were about to play your number 1 rival and I think this is the way it would work out in the AI.

Like has been said before, swings and roundabouts, it could happen to you, but could also happen to your opponent, and then you would not be complaining. It could also give a chance to a player who would not usually play, who could go on a have a awesome match. Little things like this make a huge differance really if they have a good balance.

Like has been said before, swings and roundabouts, it could happen to you, but could also happen to your opponent, and then you would not be complaining. It could also give a chance to a player who would not usually play, who could go on a have a awesome match. Little things like this make a huge differance really if they have a good balance.

yeah it could give a youngster a chance to stake a claim to be in the team more often.

How would it get implemented though, do you get to your pre-match tactics screen and it pops up with a message about it?

Also i can't remember the ruling but does it go against your substitutes allocation?

Personally i would like to see it as a fairly rare in game feature. Linked in with injury proneness might be an idea.

It could allow for a few things:

1. Faking out the opposition as a sort of mind-game by having one player fake injury at the last minute.

2. Allowing one of your naughty players to get a case of cowardice at the last minute.

3. Alerting you to something wrong with the weather, tension, etc..

4. Time to make tea while your team warms up. Always important.

Am I the only one that wouldn't want to see this? Think it would just be frustrating rather than adding anything to the game.

Would be far from frustrating when your opponent's in-form striker gets injured, as mentioned it's swings and roundabouts.

Fun > Realism.

They blend into the same thing for me, having things very realistic like they are only serve to enhance the 'fun' i have and i find it alot more enjoyable.

i think it would be a good idea, and ive said it a few times on here but id like to see it added that you have to select a squad for the game before hand, especially away games. because a manager doesnt get to choose between his whole 50man squad (1st, res, youth teams) he can only pick the players in his travelling squad, so if it did happen you would have to pick a late replacement, like Chelsea did with Ferriera.

I think it would be a great addition. People moaning about it being annoying are missing th point - this happens in real life . Losing your best striker before the game is also no different to your best striker going off randomly after 5 minutes or getting injured in training a day before the match - random, relaistic fun! As ppl have said, this can work both for you and against you

I think it would be a great addition. People moaning about it being annoying are missing th point - this happens in real life.

So do players dying on the pitch, so do riots, so does rasicm - do we want these to be in the game?

So do players dying on the pitch, so do riots, so does rasicm - do we want these to be in the game?

I dont think the game should refer to racism, riots etc., as this would just inflame such things and isnt really good practise......but injuries are an everyday event in football and are already implemented into the game, so why cnat a player get injured on a warm up?

I jjust think it would be great and would make a managaer think for about their tactics.

For example if the oppositions left back gets injured and they have a rusty reserve team player filling in, this is a great oppurtunity to put a fit and fast player up against him.

Conversley it tests you as a manager if you have to revert to plan B on match day.

Obviously if it happened more than 0 or 1 time a season it would be annoying, but I think it would add to the realism of the game.

I dont think the game should refer to racism, riots etc., as this would just inflame such things and isnt really good practise......but injuries are an everyday event in football and are already implemented into the game, so why cnat a player get injured on a warm up?

I was just pointing out that your 'it happens in real life' arguement doesn't really work. Apologies, that arguement always annoys me for some reason :D

I wouldn't be upset if it went in but personally, I don't think it would add anything to the game. Also if it would only happen 0 or 1 times a season, I don't really see a massive need for it to go in. I also worry that the balance wouldn't be right and we would see it too often :thup:

like a lot of these changes, they would need ot be carefully monitored. I think it would be interesting if it did occur, it would keep you on your toes. But your right it would have to be measured so it happens to the correct level....we all know how annoying it was to be asked about a former players return in the media in fm08.

like a lot of these changes, they would need ot be carefully monitored. I think it would be interesting if it did occur, it would keep you on your toes. But your right it would have to be measured so it happens to the correct level....we all know how annoying it was to be asked about a former players return in the media in fm08.

Don't get me started! :D

I'd be all for the idea too as long as this happens ^^^

If something like warm-up injuries were introduced, you just know you'd have 2 or 3 every match pre-patching, and the forums would be Flooded...

if this happened 2-3 times a season then i then i think it would be a good thing to involve but if it happened more than this it would just be unrealistic. The point put across that it would force you to change your tactics is a good one as this would test you as a manager. e.g. oppositions centre back and captain is out do you go more attacking or stay the same old tactics?

all in all a good addition in my opinion!

Archived