View Full Version : injuries in warms ups

kevinM182
21-09-2008, 14:01
Just thought it'd add to realism after seeing it on Sky sports

Decco got injured in the pre match warm up and therefore couldn't play

Be cool if this was in FM

ssestig
21-09-2008, 14:03
he wasn't the only one today as meite pulled out of the west brom/villa derby.

Charlesbeams
21-09-2008, 14:07
happened to Mido yesterday aswell

ssestig
21-09-2008, 14:23
would be frustrating though if you lose your best player in an important game

smithers08
21-09-2008, 14:27
Injuries in warm ups happen a lot these days , defo should be put in the game , but like ssetig has said , how gutted would you be if it was your star player.

kevinM182
21-09-2008, 14:29
Yeah it would be gutting but that's football

simon07
21-09-2008, 14:55
good little addition id say :)

Neji
21-09-2008, 14:56
Am I the only one that wouldn't want to see this? Think it would just be frustrating rather than adding anything to the game.

Drunk Beware
21-09-2008, 14:59
Am I the only one that wouldn't want to see this? Think it would just be frustrating rather than adding anything to the game.

Most probably because, yes it would be frustrating as is football, it would add more realism which is what most people want!

Neji
21-09-2008, 15:01
Most probably because, yes it would be frustrating as is football, it would add more realism which is what most people want!

Fun > Realism

I don't think there is any point in adding things for the sake of realism. SI should only add things that would add something to the game and personally, I don't think this would.

Gazza88
21-09-2008, 15:01
yeah it should be implemented, maybe as a extra hidden stat. it only seems to happen in the top leagues, maybe due to the pampered puffs being too wimpy.

i watched the York City vs Mansfield Town game on setanta the other week, what an exciting game of football that was. im watching the man u-chelsea match on sky and its nowhere near as good as that match was.

simon07
21-09-2008, 15:06
realism = fun

for me!

dafuge
21-09-2008, 15:07

Provided it only happened as often as it does in real life it could be quite good. If it happened too often it would be a nightmare.

simon07
21-09-2008, 15:09
agreed with dafuge

imagine if your opponent's best player is ruled out because he is injured in warm up...

swings and roundabouts!! :D

NCFC Gee
21-09-2008, 16:27
Agree with dafuge also, too often and it wouldn't be fun but it should definitely be included as it happens many times throughout the season to various teams.

TomHAVFC
21-09-2008, 16:35
You star striker could get injured in the warm-up but like people say it adds realism and for me, if the game is more realistic then it's better. No point playing a game where it's totally unrealistic, it would get boring after ten minutes.

Ryan,,,
21-09-2008, 16:37
To add realism as well(also in the Man U-Chelsea match), they should have Mike Riley with some sort of sight problem(which he obviously has)

SCIAG
21-09-2008, 16:41
To add realism as well(also in the Man U-Chelsea match), they should have Mike Riley with some sort of sight problem(which he obviously has)
Every body knows Riley's terrible, that was one of his better matches.

Ryan,,,
21-09-2008, 16:43
Well, I was told the other day Ronaldo doesn't dive anymore. Of course the first thing he done in this game was dive! And Riley gave a fould for it!!!!

craigcwwe
21-09-2008, 17:45
Good idea this definetly should be added.

Matthew Le God
21-09-2008, 17:59
Provided it only happened as often as it does in real life it could be quite good. If it happened too often it would be a nightmare.

whs

Those that say it takes away fun should consider that for many, the realism of FM to the football world is what makes it fun :)

Menion
21-09-2008, 18:04
It would make it a lot more realistic but apart from this weekend it doesnt really happen that often. I cant remember the last time it happened to my team irl.

hufton
21-09-2008, 18:10
If you're advocating this then why not push for substitutes to be sent off while we're at it. It can happen in real matches so why should it not happen on FM?

My only problem with that sort of thing is that it wouldn't take much for it to become a common feature of matches where it would happen many times in a season whereas IRL it happens once in a blue moon. If that can be avoided I'm all for it.

FM_returner
21-09-2008, 18:24
Realism=fun

Should be in.

trekman
21-09-2008, 18:38

I agree with you dafuge. I think it would be terrible if this happened too often. I'd be worried if it happened just when you were about to play your number 1 rival and I think this is the way it would work out in the AI.

brindlefly
21-09-2008, 19:05
Like has been said before, swings and roundabouts, it could happen to you, but could also happen to your opponent, and then you would not be complaining. It could also give a chance to a player who would not usually play, who could go on a have a awesome match. Little things like this make a huge differance really if they have a good balance.

ssestig
21-09-2008, 23:18
Like has been said before, swings and roundabouts, it could happen to you, but could also happen to your opponent, and then you would not be complaining. It could also give a chance to a player who would not usually play, who could go on a have a awesome match. Little things like this make a huge differance really if they have a good balance.

yeah it could give a youngster a chance to stake a claim to be in the team more often.

Punchdrunk
21-09-2008, 23:26
How would it get implemented though, do you get to your pre-match tactics screen and it pops up with a message about it?
Also i can't remember the ruling but does it go against your substitutes allocation?

Personally i would like to see it as a fairly rare in game feature. Linked in with injury proneness might be an idea.

redlion1986
22-09-2008, 00:42
For this to work I think you would have to implement a couple of things, like naming the squad say an hour before the match kicks off, and maybe having to select a squad of players to take to the match on the morning of the game or the night before.

Smac
22-09-2008, 01:07
It could allow for a few things:

1. Faking out the opposition as a sort of mind-game by having one player fake injury at the last minute.

2. Allowing one of your naughty players to get a case of cowardice at the last minute.

3. Alerting you to something wrong with the weather, tension, etc..

4. Time to make tea while your team warms up. Always important.

Nobby_McDonald
22-09-2008, 23:30
It's a good idea to include it in my opinion.

buzzing_hornet
23-09-2008, 00:43

Would be far from frustrating when your opponent's in-form striker gets injured, as mentioned it's swings and roundabouts.

Fun > Realism.

They blend into the same thing for me, having things very realistic like they are only serve to enhance the 'fun' i have and i find it alot more enjoyable.

Archy-91
25-09-2008, 23:28
If would need to be linked to not only injury proneness, but if yu pick a player who is doubtful, or if they're just back from injury.

Ched
25-09-2008, 23:43
Whilst there is obviously a real life precedent for this, it would drive me crazy if one of my stars got injured prior to an important game.

Although, that said, i'm all for realism, so maybe it should be added.

dap1987
26-09-2008, 13:51
i think it would be a good idea, and ive said it a few times on here but id like to see it added that you have to select a squad for the game before hand, especially away games. because a manager doesnt get to choose between his whole 50man squad (1st, res, youth teams) he can only pick the players in his travelling squad, so if it did happen you would have to pick a late replacement, like Chelsea did with Ferriera.

GioGio85
26-09-2008, 20:16
I think it would be a great addition. People moaning about it being annoying are missing th point - this happens in real life . Losing your best striker before the game is also no different to your best striker going off randomly after 5 minutes or getting injured in training a day before the match - random, relaistic fun! As ppl have said, this can work both for you and against you

Neji
26-09-2008, 21:36
I think it would be a great addition. People moaning about it being annoying are missing th point - this happens in real life.

So do players dying on the pitch, so do riots, so does rasicm - do we want these to be in the game?

GioGio85
26-09-2008, 21:43
So do players dying on the pitch, so do riots, so does rasicm - do we want these to be in the game?

I dont think the game should refer to racism, riots etc., as this would just inflame such things and isnt really good practise......but injuries are an everyday event in football and are already implemented into the game, so why cnat a player get injured on a warm up?

I jjust think it would be great and would make a managaer think for about their tactics.

For example if the oppositions left back gets injured and they have a rusty reserve team player filling in, this is a great oppurtunity to put a fit and fast player up against him.

Conversley it tests you as a manager if you have to revert to plan B on match day.

Obviously if it happened more than 0 or 1 time a season it would be annoying, but I think it would add to the realism of the game.

Neji
26-09-2008, 21:59
I dont think the game should refer to racism, riots etc., as this would just inflame such things and isnt really good practise......but injuries are an everyday event in football and are already implemented into the game, so why cnat a player get injured on a warm up?

I was just pointing out that your 'it happens in real life' arguement doesn't really work. Apologies, that arguement always annoys me for some reason :D

I wouldn't be upset if it went in but personally, I don't think it would add anything to the game. Also if it would only happen 0 or 1 times a season, I don't really see a massive need for it to go in. I also worry that the balance wouldn't be right and we would see it too often :thup:

GioGio85
26-09-2008, 22:15
like a lot of these changes, they would need ot be carefully monitored. I think it would be interesting if it did occur, it would keep you on your toes. But your right it would have to be measured so it happens to the correct level....we all know how annoying it was to be asked about a former players return in the media in fm08.

Neji
26-09-2008, 22:19
like a lot of these changes, they would need ot be carefully monitored. I think it would be interesting if it did occur, it would keep you on your toes. But your right it would have to be measured so it happens to the correct level....we all know how annoying it was to be asked about a former players return in the media in fm08.

Don't get me started! :D

Wee Aja
26-09-2008, 22:56

I'd be all for the idea too as long as this happens ^^^
If something like warm-up injuries were introduced, you just know you'd have 2 or 3 every match pre-patching, and the forums would be Flooded...

JJSaxton
26-09-2008, 23:24
if this happened 2-3 times a season then i then i think it would be a good thing to involve but if it happened more than this it would just be unrealistic. The point put across that it would force you to change your tactics is a good one as this would test you as a manager. e.g. oppositions centre back and captain is out do you go more attacking or stay the same old tactics?

all in all a good addition in my opinion!

MSCCG
27-09-2008, 02:28
I like the idea because more often than not these injuries are not bad ones anyway so it's realistic to also expect that the injury is not too serious and the player could come back soon.