semi prop to pro

I'm not sure what affects it, tbh. I got promoted to the Scottish Division 1, and my team was the only semi-pro team there. I had well over £1m in the bank, all of my players and staff were on full-time contracts, but it still didn't change. Its probably much easier in England though.

Its based on reputation, i'm not sure finance comes into it.

its possible to do it while in th BSP but your team usually has to to do really well in the league and winning some of the non league cups.

Your rep always increases to a level to turn pro when promoted to L2

most of my players and staff on full time.

I'm in BSN, so does that count as "league football"?

No. In the UK, non-league is used to describe any leagues outside the football League(Premiership to League 2). According to wikipedia, we are the only nation that uses the term, "Non-league".

I think it is possible, but not very likely. I think it is linked to the reputation and financial state of the club, so a cup win or two might make it possible in the BSP.

i must be lucky then coz i have promoted 4 teams to that league and all have changed to pro. lucky me

Unless you're promoted to a league that doesn't allow semi-pro teams (English League 2 as an example) then it takes 5m in the bank at the start of the League reset month. E.g. in N.I. the league resets on the 18th of June so you must have 5m in the bank on the 1st of June.

It's not about how much money you have or what leage you get promoted to.

It is purely down to reputation, (which is affected by both of those things & others).

Having players on full-time contracts has no direct relation to this and the only indirect relation it has is the increased performances that your team are likely to as a result of your players playing full-time as opposed to part-time.

I have turned pro in both the Conference National and League 2.

Other factors that need to be considered are historic Cup runs, starting reputation, reputation of squad members and just about anything else that you can think of. I would also suggest that what structure you are [playing in in also likely to affect you. £5M has been mentioned and might be considered a decent ball-park figure, but I wouldn't imagine that a club in a different national structure would require a similar level of reputation to be achieved.

Unless you're promoted to a league that doesn't allow semi-pro teams (English League 2 as an example) then it takes 5m in the bank at the start of the League reset month. E.g. in N.I. the league resets on the 18th of June so you must have 5m in the bank on the 1st of June.

There is no rule that states a League Two club have to be professional.

They all are however, as any part time team at that level would get hammered most weeks.

Archived