Special Update

I am making a new special update, where the australian A-league teams are going to be replaced by Country XI's teams, just like Dec9693's XI update, but in australia. The Teams will be:

Argentina XI

Australia XI

Brazil XI

England XI

France XI

Germany XI

Italy XI

Spain XI

I have already completed 2 teams, and here they are:

Argentina XI:

Abbondanzieri

Carrizo

Leo Franco

Ustari

R.Ayala

Garay

G.Milito

W.Samuel

N.Burdisso

G.Heinze

F.Coloccini

M.Demichelis

J.Zanetti

E.Banega

Cambiasso

Mascherano

Gago

C.Ledesma

L.Gonzalez

J.Gutierrez

D'Alessandro

Messi

Pisculichi

Belluschi

M.Rodriguez

S.Aguero

P.Aimar

A.Ibagaza

L.Lobos

Riquelme

Tevez

Cruz

L.Lopez

Saviola

D.Milito

Zarate

Brazil XI:

Dida

Doni

Gomes

F.Aurelio

Kleber

R.Carlos

Belletti

Maicon

Rafinha

Alex

Bordon

Cris

Juan

Lucio

Pepe

Marcelo

Maxwell

Cicinho

D.Alves

C.Adriano

F.Melo

Lucas

Matuzalem

Juninho

Diego

Mancini

Edu

Ronaldinho

R.Taddei

Robinho

Kaka

Anderson

Lulinha

Pato

Adriano

Luis Fabiano

P.S.This has been done on the original update, with no new players added ;)

Please tell me what you think :), and also all the teams reps are 9500 :D

Mmm I like it. Since you're replacing the A-league though... and to avoid offending us Aussies... how about an Australian XI? I'm failry sure the handheld version doesn't factor in the restriction on foreigners, so that shouldn't be a problem here, but be wary of the fact that maybe not all your desired players will appear on an Australian game (yet another reason for an Aussie XI ;) )

Oh and quick run-down on the A-League...

8 teams, play each other 3 times in the regular season, totalling 21 games. The top 4 qualify for the finals series. 1st and 2nd play for spot in the Grand Final (and a good rest), 3rd and 4th play off (loser being eliminated). Both fixtures are over 2 legs. The winner of the minor semi then plays the loser of the major semi-final to determine the 2nd team in the grand final. The winner of that, and the winner of the regular league season qualify for Asian Champions league for the following season. when a team does the double ( like Mellbourne Victory not too long ago! :D ) then the loser of the grand final also qualifies for the CL

Also, This is a challenge, and here are the rules:

Rule 1- Your team must be full of players the same nationality for that club, e.g. all brazilians in Brazil XI Ect.

Rule 2- You cannot sell any players in the first season or buy any or release or loan out ect.

Rule 3- When a player is retiring, you have to try and talk him out of it.

Rule 4- You can use sugar daddy once in each transfer market.

Rule 5- You cannot quit or resign as the manager of the club, or get sacked, if you do you must start again.

Rule 6- You must post a season review after each season, or upload your savedata onto filefront or mega upload.

Rule 7- If you can, you could put screenshots up of your squad, the league table and your manager stats.

Rule 8- Enjoy.

P.S. This should be completed later today or tommorow, any help would be hugely appreciated, if you want to help, just add me on msn- luke-is-the-best-in-the-world@hotmail.co.uk

Right Mbchuz, ill take out Holland XI for Australian XI ;), and just for you LSD, I will replace Rory Fallon for JB, but i will use JB's stats from the original update to keep it fair ;), Im not sure he will feature in the England XI, but you would be able to purchase him in the 2nd season or so on :D.

Ok I'll put in my 2 bob by listing a few for the Aussie All-Stars :)

Mark Schwarzer

Zejlko Kalac (reluctantly...)

Frank Juric/Brad Jones/Adam Federici (can't decide for 3rd keeper lol)

Lucas Neill

Craig Moore

Matthew Spiranovic

Brett Emerton

Scott Chipperfield

Patrick Kisnorbo

Chris Coyne

Ljubo Milicevic

Tony Popovic

David Carney

Luke Wilkshire

Harry Kewell

Tim Cahill

Vinnie Grella

Mark Bresciano

Nicky Carle

Mile Sterjovski

James Wesolowski

Brett Holman

Jason Culina

Scott McDonald

Josh Kennedy

Mark Viduka

John Aloisi

To make up the numbers...

Bruce Djite

Mark Milligan

Archie Thompson

Nathan Burns

Robbie Kruse

Danny Tiatto

Kaz Patafta

Jon McKain

Jade North

Ruben Zadkovic

Travis Dodd

Dario Vidosic

Phew...

lol first thing I'm gonna do when I get my hands on this changes.txt is delete that line for Beckford, no offence LSD!

Sounds good though, looking forward to everything except the fact that Aus XI are gonna get their ****** handed to em in every game :(

'Cos he plays in League 1. And even with the lack of decent English strikers (again, no offense intended!), I doubt Beckford would make 99.99% of sane people's England XI. Don't get me wrong, he's scored plenty of goals for me on FIFA, I know what he's capable of lol

Haha 3-1 hit a nerve I see. Truth is, we were so good for Oceania it wasn't fair on them to have us smashing them all the time. I mean Aus 32-0 American Samoa is just ridiculous.

For a nation with a 3-year old professional domestic league, where average player wages are equal with League 2/League 1 wages in England, we do pretty damn well I think :D

I'm trying to train myself to say football but it still feels weird. And for the record, it's officially called football here, not soccer any more.

Anyways... I'm interested to know how this All-Stars update is going. Looking forward to getting into it. Will be weird when the Australian and New Zealand regens start coming through the ranks though, and the clubs won't have enough money to bring in the best young players from their respective nations. Sugar daddy may be a necessity for long-term games

Little history lesson! It is known that the English codified football and thus is the birthplace of modern day football... But, did you know we also invented the word Soccer?! It is deriver from 'Association Football' which was shortened to 'Assoc. Football' and...

'ZZZZ'

The point is the word Soccer never caught on and that is why English people don't like the game being called Soccer!

The Update is going well, should be done later or tommorow depends how much work i feel like doing. I have changed one rule, you can use sugar daddy but only twice a season, once in each transfer market, as I know how tough Australia is with money, when i was checking the updates worked, i think it was Brazil XI had 1k or £0!!!! Anyway if you want to suggest any XI Squads feel free, i have done Argentina, Brazil, Australia & England. :D

Oh god for the last time, we don't call it soccer in Australia. I can assure you that FM is sold here, not WSM. We have FFA (Football Federation Australia) now, and only the slow media companies still refer to it as soccer. But on the other hand, AFL is the most dominant football here, so it can be confusing with both codes being called the same thing. I don't think you really have that same problem in Europe since the soccer kind of football is the most popular one by far, so there's no need for different names. In USA and Aus though, soccer plays second fiddle to the more mainstream football codes, so we need to have names that distinguish the two

Archived