PDA

View Full Version : Just installed a new OS ... do I need to purchase game AGAIN???

mrpeeps
20-09-2008, 15:07
Hi there,
I have a feeling I'm screwed here, but I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid buying WSM2008 (I'm in Canada) for a third time.
I downloaded it onto my work laptop last fall and everything was great. But in January, I changed jobs and got a new work laptop so I had to download it and purchase it a second time.
Now, I've just upgraded my Mac from Tiger to Leopard (full install, not simple upgrade) and when I open the game, it's telling me I haven't registered.
Since I've already paid for it twice and I'll soon be buying 2009, I really don't want to download/purchase 2008 again. Is there a way I can recover my last registration info so that I don't have to buy it a third time?
Thanks a lot for taking the time.
Peeps

ahmufcwafc
20-09-2008, 16:45
Maybe SI sent you an Email with your registration info when you bought the game. Just a wild guess as I don't have the digital download version.
If that doesn't work, then unfortunately I think you'll have to buy FM08 a third time :(

trekman
20-09-2008, 17:21
I downloaded it onto my work laptop last fall and everything was great. But in January, I changed jobs and got a new work laptop so I had to download it and purchase it a second time.

Should you really be playing the game when your supposed to be working?;) Seriously though perhaps you could email someone at si who should be able to help you out. It seems rather unfair to me that you've have to purchase the game a second time and now possibly a third!