Club & International Management

Im currently the Manager of Everton & Ive just been offered the job of Euro 2012 finalists Sweden.

If I accept this job with Sweden do I lose my job with Everton or do I just do the two at the same time during International breaks, end of season etc?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, I can see what your saying about FA's & Club boards not being impressed by you doing both jobs, not sure if Ill actually accept yet, they've got a good looking team though & just lost to England in Euro 2012. England are now World & Euro champions on my game....Realistic!?

Yeah i dont think England would allow a manager to share his time between a club and England full time so it would be good for them to make an ultimation like in real life and say to take this vacancy you would have to resign from your club job.

As they did with Eriksson (true, until the end of the season, but still)...

Would be better if you did get the ultimatum! Its unrealistic managing Chelsea and then travelling to Brazil on a Wednesday night!

still think the Internation Management needs work, such as naming a squad of 30 before a championship then playing warm-up friendlies and reducing the squad to 23, be better and more realistic!

Hiddink managed PSV and Australia at the same time I think, so it can be done, but tends to be the exception rather than the rule.

I think this is another case in the game where a little realism has been sacrificed to make the game more enjoyable. I like trying my hand at international management, but if it meant 9 times out of 10 having to give in my day-to-day club job, I'd get bored!

The game should allow you to quit your club job to take the international job if that's what you want to do because at the moment if you resigned from your club when you took the international job, the game would just see it as an ordinary resignation.

I think this one of those things that SI sacrificed realism for fun. International management is terrible, really really poor so having a club job at the side helps keep you focussed on the game.

Personally, I think it should remain the same. Maybe some more media items about it but not really anything forcing you into one or the other. Plus, if you think it's unrealistic to manage both, just resign your club job. I do agree with Mike7077 though, it would be nice to see some more media surrounding you quitting to take the international job.

Being solely an international manager would be slightly tedious, so i think its a good thing you can manage both club and country at the same time.

I wouldn't argue with this. I was just saying that, if you do choose to quit to manage a national team, the game wouldn't recognise that as being why you quit.

• 1 year later...

I am wolfsburg in season 2 just after the wc. I have been offered the job of of Ivory Coast. I click Accept yet nothin happen and bout 4 or 5 days later they request me to be their manager. This has been goin on for weeks. I don't know what to do or what the problem is. PLEASE HELP!!

Archived