Regens on FM09

Is there any word on regens on FM09? I loved the idea last year of the computer generated pictures, giving your regens a bit more 'personality'. Does anyone know if the pictures will be the same style, or if they will be more advanced (new haircuts/facial expressions etc) as after playing the game for a while you started to see lots of similarities between pictures.

Is there any word on regens on FM09? I loved the idea last year of the computer generated pictures, giving your regens a bit more 'personality'. Does anyone know if the pictures will be the same style, or if they will be more advanced (new haircuts/facial expressions etc) as after playing the game for a while you started to see lots of similarities between pictures.

I would of thought SI have added a few more in to make it a bit more interesting.

They have said that the development have been looked into and renewed. They haven’t said anything about newgen-pictures but it shouldn't be so much work to create a dozen or two more hairstyles. :)

I liked the generated pictures and agree with you that it gave our Newgens a personality. However, there was some problem with it. A problem that have been in the game for a long time since it also applies to names. I guess it's mostly for smaller countries that weren’t so active in colonialism.

It may not be a controversial subject but it's not realistic with player with a either first or surname in Swedish and the second in Arabic or Spanish or any other big immigrant group. And also players with both names Swedish and then the picture is of a black person, that's very, very rare in reality but are very common in FM. Names and ethnics of the picture for newgens should be tied to culture instead of nationality.

For Sweden it would be around 85% of players with Swedish names and Caucasian picture and then around 14% of the biggest immigrant groups, simply players with name and ethnic from another culture but mostly with a Swedish city of birth and nationality. And then around 1% mixed.

How the game works today with generation of names are, i think, that it just randomly takes the names of existing players from that country. Instead, it should take then names from huge lists of names sorted by culture (shouldn't be any problems from SI to get volunteers for that).

That really isn't saying to much on the subject. I would like to hear what kind of changes have been made exactly.

They're not going to tell you everything are they? Or what's the point in buying the game already knowing everything new that's been created or improved?

That really isn't saying to much on the subject. I would like to hear what kind of changes have been made exactly.

They probably don't want to make any promises. If Miles says this and that has been improved and it turns out to be the same - then it would be a disaster.

I would like to know more though :)

Why?, It'd be more exciting if you didn't know and only found out after you've bought the game.

I respectfully disagree :)

For me, regens are something I really want to know about because I enjoy long career games over 20-30 seasons. If the regens are as bad as in 08, then I will probably go back to FM07 again.

I see where you're coming from but I don't want to invest all that time to find regens being poor.

I respectfully disagree :)

For me, regens are something I really want to know about because I enjoy long career games over 20-30 seasons. If the regens are as bad as in 08, then I will probably go back to FM07 again.

I see where you're coming from but I don't want to invest all that time to find regens being poor.

Yeah I see what your on about and obviously some people like your way and some people probably like my way. Hopefully lol

This will probably be in one of the blogs.

After last year total screw-up on this subject they need to show and promise us that it won't be the same this year. Otherwise they'll lose some customers.

Why?, It'd be more exciting if you didn't know and only found out after you've bought the game.

It was one of the worst points in last years game, perhaps people want to know for sure that its fixed and that the stat spread is correct for their position.

"Its been worked on" is a standard answer and doesnt really give much hope that the regens have been fixed.

People dont want to find out the game hasnt been fixed only after they buy it.

González: Have you tried to play for 10-15 years?

The regens attributes are unbalanced and there's very few players that are good enough for even be considered as a player for Premier League and other premier divisions at the age of 23. Now we aren't talking about superstars but utility players and bench players.

The regens needs to be more balanced and develop faster.

Another problem is that after 10-15 years almost all of the squads of all Premier League clubs don't have a single player under 23. It might be one or two clubs that have a 20-year-old reserve keeper but that's it.

Regens are never given a chance to play in the national teams. The AI does usually play with the players that exist today until they retire so we get squads with an average age of 30+.

I think the main reason to why that happens is that their reputation is too low. The AI needs to be coded so that it takes age into consideration when choosing the squad too.

A small tweak to the development speed is needed too though.

"1. Some Wonderkids start off with higher CA, and clubs realize sooner what they have.

2. Variation to training curve for players. I've been asking for this, and didn't expect it. Very good addition!

3. More effect of training schedule on development (was too smoothed out recently)."

Source

Agree with the facegen, needs to be improved as AIK said.

AIK: Yep, I played til about 2025 in my FM game. Reading Neji's post, I do see some points I agree with, but I didn't realise the amount of below average regens had increased; I always managed to find enough decent players to go in my team (but then I never checked their CA/PA).

I do remember never finding a player with >14 for penalty taking though!

Just realised my Join Date is the same day as FM09 comes out on :D

This may not be relevant at all to FM2009, but I'd thought I'd mention that FMLive newgens are much better than they were in FM2008.

There are new kids with completely useless stats that appear and would never make it in pro football. But there are also players that become world beaters at 18. The only thing I did notice (as did many others) is that there were a few too many players (many not fullbacks) with very high long throw ability.

If the newgens in FM2009 are at least as good as those in FMLive then I'll be very happy with a long-term FM2009 career game.

Regen improvement is def the thing I want to see improved most, also with the retraining of position.

Personally I think the real youth players coming through shouldn't necessarily have a position.

Perhaps a note of where they played through school level, plus your Asst Manager's opinion on where they should play.

This would let you assess their stats, take on the advise and adapt them accordingly.

I think it would be class if they developed the youth academy a bit more and have players in at u14's etc to really develop and try and take away the poachers of talent!

Archived