Attracting Players To Your Club-New Idea

RKW

Just a quick idea, when attempting to sign players that are also being pursued by big teams, when negotiating the contract you could have an option to talk them into signing for our club. e.g. if you're trying to sign Mati Fernandez as Spurs when Real are after him, you could say-

'You'll hardly get a game at Madrid but here you'll play week-in-week-out(or words to that effect) and with you on board we can push towards the CL'

I know there's already the position in the club dropdown box, but it all seems rather limited.

thanks for listening, kids!

I think it would be a nice idea if you could say something like:

"I see you as someone to build the team around."

Or if you were a smaller club in a big league but with lots of money and big ambitions, you could say something like:

"Assure player X that you will be signing other big-name players to join him at the club."

This could influence players who are unsure of join a club they think to be 'beneath' them to in fact, join them.

For example, if your club had been taken over and you were given a lot of money (like Chelsea/Man City) and you wanted to sign big players instantly,you could. IRL, as we have seen, Robinho was happy to go to a small (not Champs League) team, yet I am sure if you started FM08 as Man City and tried to sign Robinho, he wouldn't even think about joining you. But IRL he will (and did) because he knows you have a lot of money and a lot of promise to sign more big-names and a fairly good chance of achieving Champions League spot this year or next, as well as potentially winning many major trophies in the future.

Archived