Signing On Fees

Just some random tip to save money for your club if you didnt know, i play FM08 way to much and its tried and tested in most situations, in FM08 Signing on fees mean basically nothing to players, if you have no competition for the contract or renewing contracts, regardless of how much they ask for, giving a player £0 will basically not affect the contract deal.

When a player is asking for £3mil signing on fee when renewing, if you offer £0, they will accept as long as they are happy with their Wages/App fee etc. Anybody else ever noticed this?

I never give it to them. It makes no difference.

Later on your loyal players wont ask for signing on fee when you renew their contract, its awesome. I have 3-4 top players that have stayed at the same wage and bonuses every time I renew their contract. Think that might have something to do with high loyalty and low ambition...but dont know. Might look into it with FMM.

This is nothing new, i've done it for 2-3 years.

I think this is more of a 'bug' newer to FM07/FM08 as I think I remember players rejecting contracts in the past because I tried to save money on Signing On Fees. For realism sake it should be fixed but then do players really get big fees for just renewing their contracts? Would a £3mil fee be realistic, I am not really sure how it works.

Archived