Is it worth downloading the demo?

Tony7

I am in two minds about downloading the demo because I have pre-ordered the game and want to see all the new features and secrets when I play the full game, the demo only lasts 6 months so i dont want to be hooked on the demo even though I am sure I can carry it over into the full game. Having said that I can't wait to play the game so dont know if I can resist the temptation.

Will you download the demo or wait for the full game to arrive?

Actually it would be good to start a couple of games and see which one you'd enjoy continuing the most on the full game.

Note to self: Don't offer to buy anyone on clauses such as paying £30m over 24months or £30m after 30 matches knowing I'll be continuing that game. :o

I always download the demo and test it out to see if it is worth purchasing. I don't see why it would be a bad decision to try the demo first before pre-ordering or purchasing the game. I personall like to try a product if possible before purchasing it.

This will be the first year I won't download the demo. Basically because I know for certain that I'll love 09 anyway. The only bad thing is mates saying "Ah! it's brilliant, download it" that might tempt me but I'm determined to keep my promise. Anyway, I've pre-ordered it anyway so I can't exactly not buy it now.

Always download the demo. Then you won't have wasted £30 if you don't like the game.

It is a football managerial game so people already know if they will like it or not especially as the series has been going on for about 16 years. 6 months is not enough to see how bugged the game is or how well the features work because a lot of features or bugs are spotted after a season or two.

When Does The Demo Come Out Does Anyone Know Yet?

Its not been oficially announced yet. However, since the game comes out on 14th November I would say that some time during the last week of October would be a reasonable guess.

Then you won't have wasted £30 if you don't like the game.

Not like the game??? I know FM2008 was poor in most peoples opinion but I still liked it. I've pre-ordered FM2009 because I know I will like it since it will be a massive improvement over FM2008 even if they haven't fixed the confidence bug (that was a joke btw!).

Not like the game??? I know FM2008 was poor in most peoples opinion but I still liked it. I've pre-ordered FM2009 because I know I will like it since it will be a massive improvement over FM2008 even if they haven't fixed the confidence bug (that was a joke btw!).

But what if it's really buggy, the ME is terrible and the 3D representation is worse? Then you've got a bad game.

I think the game will be good, but I'd rather get the demo, just in case.

I tried that last year...after twenty minutes my resolve crumbled and I downloaded it! Guess I'm an addict...

:)

i tip my hat to you! you lasted an entire 20 mins! once i know the demo is avaliavle the door is locked all curtains and windows are shut the phone is unplugged and off i go! the download starts and the countdown begins!

I always use the demo as a chance to create and test my tactics before starting a proper game when it is released. I know I'm always going to buy it, so the demo for me is just a chance to get a headstart tactically.

Whs. I also use it to start off as a Premiership team, which I'd never do for a long-term game.

• 1 month later...
This will be the first year I won't download the demo. Basically because I know for certain that I'll love 09 anyway. The only bad thing is mates saying "Ah! it's brilliant, download it" that might tempt me but I'm determined to keep my promise. Anyway, I've pre-ordered it anyway so I can't exactly not buy it now.

I still don't know why you won't download the demo. I am curious about the game and want to see what it's like asap, therefore I need to download the demo. The majority of people will download the demo and I have serious doubts about the blabla of people who say they won't. When the time is there who can resist? The server will go down anyway ;)

yeah il be downloading the demo only to check out the new stuff play about with tactics and scout players for when i start the full game cant wait

Exactly the reason why im grabbing the demo as soon as, plus it gives me a chance to see how well it runs on my laptop as well

Definitely! As other have said will give the opportunity to see players, try out tactics, see 3D, will it run on my laptop, what young south americans i can find. Test the team and look at stats of what you plan to do when full game is out. I do like the idea of waiting for the full release to see the new features etc because it would be more fun but i just woulnd't be able to resist the demo knowing its there and i doubt many others would be able too!

Archived