EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

EDT and DDT files – The Guide

Here is a guide to using EDT and DDT files within CM03/04. icon14.gif

It is what SI has told me and is, therefore, official. If you have any questions regarding these files afterwards, I will do my best to help. With thanks to Keith Flannery for his reply icon_smile.gif

1. EDT files

The two EDT commands that have been tested and are supported for CM 03/04 are:

“SWAP_TEAMS†and “BOOST_TEAMâ€

The following is an example of what the contents of an EDT file look like:

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wolves" "Celtic"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bolton" "Rangers"

"BOOST_TEAM" "Celtic" 12000000 5000 22000

"BOOST_TEAM" "Rangers" 15000000 6000 35000

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wolves" "Celtic" - used to put Celtic in the Premiership and Wolves into the Scottish Premier League.

"BOOST_TEAM" "Watford" 20000000 7000 40000 = will set Watford's transfer budget to £20,000,000, change their reputation to 7,000 (max = 10,000), increase attendance at games to around 40,000 (If stadium capacity permits).

Possible Issues:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>The "BOOST_TEAM" command does not adjust the teams wage budget at the moment.

<LI>This feature has only been tested on certain leagues, so it's a case of try it and see.

<LI> If you are bringing a team from an unselected league into a selected league then some of the lesser players will probably be missing from their squad.

2. DDT files

The two DDT commands that have been tested and are supported for CM 03/04 are:

“RETAIN_PLAYERS†and “RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERSâ€

The following is an example of what the contents of a DDT file look like:

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "Celtic"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "Rangers"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "China PR"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "Celtic" = will retain all of Celtics’ players upon starting a new game – if you put the old firm into the Premiership, you must make a file like this to ensure that they have full squads.

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "China PR" = will retain all players with a nationality of China PR.

3. Other Commands

The other EDT and DDT commands are redundant in terms of use for the game and therefore haven’t been tested for either CM4 or CM 03-04. However, SI has made a decision not to disable their use in the game, but their use is at the users’ discretion.

4. How do I make them and where do they go? icon_confused.gif

EDT and DDT files are created in notepad. When you go into notepad, and have finished typing in your commands, click File. Then, click Save. In the dialog box that appears, select “All Files†for the file type (this option is near the bottom). Then, type in whateveryouwant.edt or whateveryouwant.ddt (obviously changing “whateveryouwant†to something more memorable).

Save them in the “C:\Program Files\Eidos\CM 03-04\data\db†directory (where “C:\†is the letter of your hard drive).

5. Other

The only thing that the check boxes on the preferences screen do is to rename the file within the directory mentioned above from *.edt to *.edd and from *.ddt to *.ddd to effectively disable them from being read by the game upon starting a new game. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone explain how to deactivate the ddt and edt files? I used the files for a previous game, and now the files keep being loaded for my new game even though I've deleted the files. Extremely frustrating and puzzling to say the least...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Jones:

Just go into Game Preferences and untick the boxes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid that doesn't work. I've already deleted the ddt and edt files, and it doesn't even show up in the game preferences, but it still gets loaded. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luke Smith 2:

Nice 1!!! So there's no command to retain a player by his name, e.g. "RETAIN_PLAYER" "ALAN SHEARER"??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, there isn't. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vade:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Jones:

Just go into Game Preferences and untick the boxes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid that doesn't work. I've already deleted the ddt and edt files, and it doesn't even show up in the game preferences, but it still gets loaded. icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the reason for this may be due to the official editor released by SI. If you have any DDT or EDT files checked for a World Super League or something, if you load the editor it will incorporate those changes into the data and then save them permanently if you choose to save. I know that I made a Super League, and when I went to the editor to check a team name's spelling, the teams had been switched.

If this has happened to you, then you may need to load the original data (or one of your many backup's which I'm sure you have made! icon_biggrin.gif) and try from there.

Cheers!

~MC

i was wondering if there were any files to release all players in the game from thier current clubs so when you start anew game all players in the game are available on free transfers and all clubs have 0 players and staff, i very much doubt there is one but its worth asking before i try editing 230000 peoples contracts icon_eek.gif

It doesn't work for me.

As anyone made the command "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" to work

Yesterday i've made a DDT file with this command line "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Brazil", and it didn't work. It didn't even shown up in the preferences menu.

Can anyone help me please.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lhodgy:

i was wondering if there were any files to release all players in the game from thier current clubs so when you start anew game all players in the game are available on free transfers and all clubs have 0 players and staff, i very much doubt there is one but its worth asking before i try editing 230000 peoples contracts icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possible with EDT. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigqual:

It doesn't work for me.

As anyone made the command "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" to work

Yesterday i've made a DDT file with this command line "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Brazil", and it didn't work. It didn't even shown up in the preferences menu.

Can anyone help me please.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same problem last night, i tried it with Iceland, China, Luxembourg and Ghana and couldnt get it to work. The filename appears on the preferences screen but when i load the game there are no players of these nationalities available (or very few). I have tried it with the box ticked and unticked, small and medium database. Why wont it work?

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "Celtic" = will retain all of Celtics’ players upon starting a new game – if you put the old firm into the Premiership, you must make a file like this to ensure that they have full squads.

Don't think that's required as long as you then decide to pick Celtic or manage a team in the premier league (or choose full details for their new league).

Just means that regardless of league detail/database settings...Celtic will still have all their payes, irrespective of the league you play or put them in...?

I have made a large retain_players ddt file and a large swap_teams edt file. I have saved both of these as "All Files" in the db section of the data folder, yet when I start a new game, the changes have not been enforced. When I click "Edit Preferences" prior to starting a new game, I have no tick box, but two bars stating "Retain Player Data File" and "Extra Date File". When I click on these bars it alternates between having an upwards arrow and a downwards arrow, however, I can never have one arrow on each bar, it only applies to the bar that I am clicking. How can I make my edt and ddt files work in the game?

I have made a large retain_players ddt file and a large swap_teams edt file. I have saved both of these as "All Files" in the db section of the data folder, yet when I start a new game, the changes have not been enforced. When I click "Edit Preferences" prior to starting a new game, I have no tick box, but two bars stating "Retain Player Data File" and "Extra Date File". When I click on these bars it alternates between having an upwards arrow and a downwards arrow, however, I can never have one arrow on each bar, it only applies to the bar that I am clicking. How can I make my edt and ddt files work in the game?

Ya i also have the same problems how can i make them works, i also notice when i click confirm, the arrow on the bar disappear without saving...

• 2 weeks later...

I can get the EDT files to work, but _not_ the DDT ones. What could be the problem?

Open Notepad, write

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Norway"

Then save it into the db directory, and tick the box in the game.

Could the problem be that I opened the file with notepad after I had created it, and had ticked the "Always open in this program" box?

If so, how can I fix this? And if not, what can be the problem?

Archived