Deadlines for players

Neji

We can already offer deadlines for clubs when dealing with tranfers, so why can't we do the same with players?

I've been in talks with a player about moving to the club, spending the rest of my transfer budget. However, another key player has just been injured for 2-3 months. I have lined up another player but I want to keep the other deal alive incase the new transfer falls flat on its face. So, I think I should say to the second transfer target, 'this is the contract I'm willing to give you - you have until [insert date]'. That way I can keep the other deal if this one fails.

:thup: i'd like to see this, especially as negotiations are made quite public nowadays, so you hear quite a lot about them. iirc i heard a rumour that last year tevez almost joined inter but refused because they told him he had to accept the contract straight away, and he wanted to play the field, as it was so early in the window

i agree with glamdring i remember the wes brown thing last year, ferguson said that it was the final offer :thup:

I'd also like to be able to tell a player that my current contract offer is my last and all that pezaz, like a player can tell me how he considers talks to be progressing or like a club can tell me this is their last salary offer.

Thats a good point. Agreed. :thup:

Archived