Feeling the pressure of public expectation!!

Ah so annoying!! Got a young French striker on my Stafford game. Good pacey striker bit erratic at times but developing nicely and getting the goals.

Trouble is every time he plays well, scores some goals the press go mad and no matter what I do he gets unhappy about pressure and expectation, blah blah and performances drop.

So now every time I play a game the opposition manager talks him up and surprise, surprise my striker can’t deal with it!! Annoying!!

Could do with a sports psychologist option in FM2009 :) !!

Remember to address it a bit through his team-talks: when a rival manager is cranking up the pressure, you might wish to counter with a "No Pressure" individual team-talk for him.

Good call. But does that actually work? I mean it makes sense, but whether its actually programmed in the game is another matter, if you know what i mean!

The press go nuts the minute any young player starts doing good. David Beckham, Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott the ones which are notable. The player needs some old heads like the people above have said to help him along. Good Luck to you.

Archived