PDA

View Full Version : Feeling the pressure of public expectation!!

Saint_Markxxiv
19-09-2008, 11:16
Ah so annoying!! Got a young French striker on my Stafford game. Good pacey striker bit erratic at times but developing nicely and getting the goals.

Trouble is every time he plays well, scores some goals the press go mad and no matter what I do he gets unhappy about pressure and expectation, blah blah and performances drop.

So now every time I play a game the opposition manager talks him up and surprise, surprise my striker canít deal with it!! Annoying!!

Could do with a sports psychologist option in FM2009 :) !!

Tweaks
19-09-2008, 11:21
find some new supporters :D

nehpets81
19-09-2008, 11:23
Can tutoring help with this, or is it hard coded for each player?

rougess
19-09-2008, 12:55
Can tutoring help with this, or is it hard coded for each player?

wouldn't getting a "Professional" personality player to tutor him help? i'd imagine that or maybe resolute could work?

Gerry-Atric
19-09-2008, 19:49
Yeah i agree with the above, maybe getting a couple of old heads in the squad to tutor him or even resting him a few matches and praising him urself might do him some good.

Looks like the rival managers know what there doing though. . . .

Ched
19-09-2008, 19:52
He may grow out of it on his own, although some players just don't get used to media exposure :(

NCFC Gee
19-09-2008, 20:17
I've had a few players like this and Ched is correct, they can just grow out of it, all mine have thankfully and i've not see them worried by expectation in 2-3 seasons.

Amaroq
20-09-2008, 02:34
Remember to address it a bit through his team-talks: when a rival manager is cranking up the pressure, you might wish to counter with a "No Pressure" individual team-talk for him.

small Mac
20-09-2008, 02:47
Remember to address it a bit through his team-talks: when a rival manager is cranking up the pressure, you might wish to counter with a "No Pressure" individual team-talk for him.

Good call. But does that actually work? I mean it makes sense, but whether its actually programmed in the game is another matter, if you know what i mean!

Neji
20-09-2008, 02:53
Good call. But does that actually work? I mean it makes sense, but whether its actually programmed in the game is another matter, if you know what i mean!

Yeah, pretty certain it is in there.

wardog
20-09-2008, 03:39
The press go nuts the minute any young player starts doing good. David Beckham, Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott the ones which are notable. The player needs some old heads like the people above have said to help him along. Good Luck to you.