When do you use Genie Scout? (if at all!)

Y@$H!

Yes, I suppose it is cheating to an extent...

Personally, I just use it when I need to see the new recruits after newgen-generation day... ("a decent member of our squad" for every chap, is particularly irratating for me)...and to scout my Affiliated clubs...

FM2007 by the way...

How bout u guys?

I only use FMM too .

Scouting is one of the things to have fun with in the game and Genie just ruins it.

Of course if my scouts find something interesting i am checking it in FMM , either to buy or to laugh at my scouts .

Checking on your youngsters is interesting tho , having a perfect Ass manager telling you that a player X is one of the best of his generation and then finding out that X player has a PA of 160 while there is another guy with PA 180 in the list.

How does FMM scout work? Do you see the CA/PA stats ingame or is it an external thing? I am playing 2007, and like the OP would like to see how good my current players/new youth intake are but I don't want it to interfere with scouting of new players as I would rather use my scouts for this.

How does FMM scout work? Do you see the CA/PA stats ingame or is it an external thing? I am playing 2007, and like the OP would like to see how good my current players/new youth intake are but I don't want it to interfere with scouting of new players as I would rather use my scouts for this.

Simply load your save game and hit the "club" button, type the name of the club and select it , then you can choose which squad you want to see ( U21 , B-team , A-team , All )

Only when bugs are so bad that you have to use it.

When you get the regens, the Ass man always rates everyone the same so its worthless asking him about the new intake of youth.

When you try and buy a player and they keep on changing the price, I use it to find the real price they will accept just to avoid farting about ages with bugs and ******** ai.

Hopefully SI will make 09 so there would be no reason to use it.

I sometime use it too check the new players in the youth team, but its always shocking with PA of 130

Also use it to find the CA/PA of players from the weirdest places in the world that your normally cannot find.

But thats only in one save.

I keep editing programs out of my main saves.

I've never used it, i don't see any real need for it, without it you soon learn which players are likely to be good just by looking yourself and then of course you have scout reports for those players you're able to scout which are very reliable i've found.

There was another time I used it, it was the only way to do international management.

There was a bug when the list wouldnt sort in the international screen so I could only see the English players in a random order, not sorted by value or scout rating.

Id love not to need to use it but the game forces you in some situations.

never ever never ever never ever never ever never ever never ever never ever never ever never ever will I use the cheating magic of Fm Scout - I curse you!

Totally agree, it should never be used. You can't in real life so you shouldn't on the game.....unrealistic.

Archived