giving other clubs money

have you ever given another club a ridiculous amount of money (e.g. a feeder club, sleeping giant, club you support IRL) in the hope they could use the money to move up the league ladder?

i'm portsmouth, who i have made into worldwide giants in a career game. i have been trying to get a decent feeder club for ages, but the best i have been able to get is dorchester. so i am giving them a few million in the hope they can rise up from the doldrums of conference South into a more competitive division (purely so my loan players get better football!).

i figure the only way i can do is to spend waaay over the odds for a player transfer.

anyone else done this? and maybe a more pertinent question is "will the board let me spend so much on a crap player?"

Yeah I think the board will let you spend some money on a crap player but it entirly is based on how much money you are talking about? Yeah I think I have but that would have been on 01/02, to preston because I support them and they were probably strugging and I would probably have been loaded.

i once ran a holiday experiment, where every season i'd spend all of the 5 richest clubs budgets on fulham players. after 2016, they were 10th-ish, mid-table mediocrity every season, despite being worth 1.2B+, 150M on transfers each season. so if i were you it's not really worth it, but money might make more of a difference lower down...

Yeah I think the board will let you spend some money on a crap player but it entirly is based on how much money you are talking about?

i think about £5m should do it.

i've got a transfer budget of £100m so its a drop in the ocean really.

on a sidenote, the game i am playing is getting a bit too easy, so i think i'm gonna do this on a large scale; sell all my best players and buy one or two crap ones for crazy money.

Ha ha i remember back in my liverpool game i gave some great players on loan to nott forest in the championship (my feeder) in a hope of getting them promoted (they failed lol). Also, in the same game, i once bought a player from vauxhall motors for some ludicruous fee (like 10 million or 5 million) in a hope they would use the money to stay up in the league and do well.... unfortuantly, they got relegated :(

No use because other clubs are run by incompetent fools who don't know what to do with the money. If anything, they throw it away on salaries to average players instead of investing in facilities. While at that, they still can't get decent results and sell players for ridicilously low fees (based on my Northern Irish league game).

i do this but i use first option so i dont end up with really pish players i remember in 07 i had gateshead winning the prem ever year for close to 20 seasons and was getting close to the 2b problem so i paid sunderland £100m combined in first option deals for majority of their players, done the same with Darlington and Hartlepool and Carlisle

i do this but i use first option so i dont end up with really pish players i remember in 07 i had gateshead winning the prem ever year for close to 20 seasons and was getting close to the 2b problem so i paid sunderland £100m combined in first option deals for majority of their players, done the same with Darlington and Hartlepool and Carlisle

And what good did it do?

They probably blew it all away on salaries.

I think it has something to do with results based purely on a clubs reputation rather than the quality of their players. If you were in the same league as the club you gave the money to you would see a difference. Or you would have to run their league in full detail from the game detail menu.

Or you would have to run their league in full detail from the game detail menu.

Yeah, i think this has just done for me. the feeder club i gave the money to (dorchester) werent in a playable league, so i think the money i gave them made virtually no difference whatsoever. lesson learned.

On my BVB game i loaned lots of good youth players coming through my ranks to Valenciennes(In France) and Deinze(Belgium) both of them did well for the first season but i suppose AI might get Second Season Syndrome as they were both relegated in the second season.

You have to have the league (the one the team you are giving money is in) on full detail for it to work properly.

I've loaned out players to crappy teams and have had those teams improve as a result in the past, for example when I was managing Cherbourg (Ligue 1) I loaned a bunch of young players to FC Paris (National) and one of them got 30 goals in 6 months aiding Paris' promotion, next season they finished 5th in Ligue 2. I also bought a midfielder from them who became a regular in my side. Paris eventually got promoted to Ligue 1 but then I gave up that save.

I was burnley and won the prem about 25 years in a row. After about 15 league wins I decided to give stoke some cash all in all over about 10 seasons i gave them close to £400 million. They ended up second in the league twice in 2 season (only behind me). They also got to a champs league semi (then I knocked em out) the season after I had to play em in the champs league final (which I won). I then stopped the cash to them and they got relegated after about 4 years.

Complete waste of money but it was fun watching who they were trying to buy.

I also saved my game (so I still have the burnley one) and declared my interest in the stoke job, to my surprise I was offered it the next day after they sacked their manager.

At that point they were close to relegation from the prem but I managed to save em. They were £10 mill in debt at the end of that season.

Im in the next season now and am riding high in about 5th after 8 games.

As for burnley - after about 25 league wins in arow, they lost the very season I left and came second.They won the cl.

I left burnley with around 1 billion in the bank so now I wanna see if I can dominate them in the next few years.

Think I can do it.

I have a database where I have given Leeds a sugar daddy and oodles of cash. They can pretty much buy anyone. I originally did it to play with but got bored after 5 seasons. Now it's my default no matter who I play as, just to see what they do. And it isn't very much, unfortunately. On the brink of the Champions League? Let's clear out our best players in January and not replace them. Reputation is one of a number of things I really hope FM09 improves on - any club either in or challenging for the CL should be able to attract far better players and hold onto them; if Tottenham were in the CL and Man U weren't would Berbatov really have wanted to leave?

Gave tranmere £100m on one of my saves - they still didn't get out of league 1, useless morons.

I had a bank balance with chelsea of £1bn so i knew the board were going to "invest" (aka steal) around £100m anyway, i thought i'd invest it in a more worthy cause :D

The fans weren't impressed with £100m for chris greenacre lol

Instead of buying the player(s) you should get them on loan and offer the amount you want as a fee. This will mean that you don't mess with the player(s) and club(s) history as loan fees don't show anywhere, also you can offer any amount without problem from the board or the fans and you don't have to keep the player.

That's a good idea though, in theory of course..

Archived