Will a RAM upgrade quicken my game??

Any particular folders that you have to exclude?

As I'm running avast anti virus and have excluded both the folders "C:\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008" and "C:\Users\username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008" and still feeling the game drags a little slow.

System is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (soon to be AMD Phamton x4) with 4 gig of ram (soon to be 6 gig of ram) of ddr-2 5300 with Windows Vista as the OS

1GB is generally the plateau with most software currently. Adding more RAM will help, but there is a bit of diminishing returns as you go from 1GB-->4GB compared with 512MB --> 1GB. Still and all, it will help. FM takes quite a huge bite of RAM.

As I'm running avast anti virus and have excluded both the folders "C:\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008" and "C:\Users\username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008" and still feeling the game drags a little slow.

System is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (soon to be AMD Phamton x4) with 4 gig of ram (soon to be 6 gig of ram) of ddr-2 5300 with Windows Vista as the OS

now you see, i didn't even know you had to exclude them. d'oh. done this and it has sped up the game. that's what good these forums can do

I think that's all for vista (assuming it's installed in the \games folder), but since I've temporarily uninstalled it, I can't remember whether there's any more.

i just upgraded a week ago from 1gb to 2gb. it diffienetly improved the speed of game. concerning processing i cant say if its faster now, but browsing through leagues, players and clicking at all is much faster. i would recommend to upgrade to 2gb

Archived