Any money for BSS/N

I won the BSS with Bath, and at the end of the season usually it says how much your squad has recieved for finishing wherever it finishes, and you get money. However I noticed this didn't happen, so I wondered, do you get money for participating in the BSS/N?

I have to be honest I didn't think that "Semi-Pro" was a real term outside of FM!

Yeah lol it just basically means you get paid for playing.

for example I have a good mate (who's on FM) who plays for Gateshead, trains once a week and obviously the matches etc, gets paid £200 a week and also has a full time job.

I have to be honest I didn't think that "Semi-Pro" was a real term outside of FM!

There was a Will Ferrell film out earlier this year called "Semi-Pro" - clearly the writers are big FMers then! ;)

There was a Will Ferrell film out earlier this year called "Semi-Pro" - clearly the writers are big FMers then! ;)

Haha yeah I guess so :p

I thought that Part-Time was the correct term, and was classed under amatuer.

It came from my Dad who used to play for Bangor City in the Welsh Premiership (and European Cup a couple of times!!) he was paid £350 a week and trained just once. He used to dissmiss the term Semi-Pro and said it was more like a retainer and Part Time work..dunno

Thats the wierd thing with football

it's arranged in a pyramid formation, with the bulk of the clubs at the bottom, the bulk of the money goes to the top

and like an economy based on debt, it won't sustain itself this way indefinately.

The football pyramid with the bulk of the cash being at the base of it would be very very strange though and, if it weren't for the league system enforcing a rigid kind of season to season structure it would all collapse in on itself...which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess...seeing Manchester United sink to the Blue Square North and Leigh RMI rise to the EPL!

Thats the wierd thing with football

it's arranged in a pyramid formation, with the bulk of the clubs at the bottom, the bulk of the money goes to the top

and like an economy based on debt, it won't sustain itself this way indefinately.

good point, that sums it up.

Archived