Loans - Something fishy going on...

Neji

It seems to me that the AI gets to make loan options that the player cant. Perhaps in this instance its a loan that goes into effect at the start of the next transfer window (which I don't think we can do)?

The other loan option that constantly drives me crazy is when the AI is able to offer loans long loans to players whos contract will be expiring before the end of the loan, whereas we are limited to offering a loan with a duration less than or equal to the contract length. For instance, between june 20th to june 30th, the human player cannot offer a loan other than 1 month. However, the AI can make season long loans during this time. In some cases, the loan will collapse june 30th, the player returns to the club and is subsequently released. However, in cases where the player would have been offered a rolling contract instead of being outright released, the player can remain on loan and the contract automatically extends to the end of the season. In llm games, this drives me absolutely crazy because the AI gets first dibs on all the players as I cant offer the same deal.

It seems to me that the AI gets to make loan options that the player cant. Perhaps in this instance its a loan that goes into effect at the start of the next transfer window (which I don't think we can do)?

Nope, not that. He went straight out on loan to them.

They seem to call everything an "emergency" loan nowadays. Players who were joining Championship clubs on loan in January were described as "Emergency loans". Seems the word is about as meaningless as "Super" that gets added to everything that is far from super nowadays!

i got a bit screwed over by a loan yesterday, although i was the one trying to be mean so i got my just desserts. one of my promising regens was out on loan at athletico madrid, and they were paying 100% wages (4,800 a week). immediately after the loan he demands a new contract, which i oblige, thinking athletico would suffer. turns out i was paying 14,000 a week, while they still got the 4,800, due to the original terms of the deal. so it turns out the price you pay for trying to be a fickle b*****d is about 56k a month!

i got a bit screwed over by a loan yesterday, although i was the one trying to be mean so i got my just desserts. one of my promising regens was out on loan at athletico madrid, and they were paying 100% wages (4,800 a week). immediately after the loan he demands a new contract, which i oblige, thinking athletico would suffer. turns out i was paying 14,000 a week, while they still got the 4,800, due to the original terms of the deal. so it turns out the price you pay for trying to be a fickle b*****d is about 56k a month!

That's happened to me, too - though not with the stakes you're paying!

I was actually quite pleased to see it, I think I said to myself "Dangit! It looks like SI have thought have everything!" :D

I could add that when I was playing in the BSP a number of teams in the same league were always able to land players on season-long loans before July 1. That is impossible for a human player, as loan option is greyed out before the transfer window opens. Is this a known issue?

I could add that when I was playing in the BSP a number of teams in the same league were always able to land players on season-long loans before July 1. That is impossible for a human player, as loan option is greyed out before the transfer window opens. Is this a known issue?

This was what I was referring to. I assumed we got the grey due to length of time left in the players contract as I've only ever noticed it with players who's contracts were expiring. I've never noticed it with players not on contracts expiring, but I wouldn't as they wouldn't be shortlisted at that level. Either way, the AI is able to offer season long loans where the player is not.

Archived