Forcing a stadium move

Neji

I've started a new game recently just to see me through until the FM09 demo comes out and I was wondering if there is anyway to force through a move to a new stadium.

I don't mind editing, as this game is far from a serious type game for me. Just something to keep myself occupied for a few weeks :)

I was thinking it could be as simple as editing the stadium max capacity and/or editing the chairmans stats a little bit but I don't have any idea really. I've never seen anyone refer to doing this, so I imagine it isn't possible to 'force' it but thought I'd ask anyway :D

TIA

What Smac says.

The simplest way would be to use FMM to edit your average attendances way above your current stadium level (but keep an eye on it in case the game automatically adjusts it down after you change it). Throw a bunch of money in the bank then save your game on the 10th of June if you are in England. If you get a blocked permission message a few days later then that means there was an opportunity for a new stadium so reload until you get one.

I've started a new game recently just to see me through until the FM09 demo comes out and I was wondering if there is anyway to force through a move to a new stadium.

I don't mind editing, as this game is far from a serious type game for me. Just something to keep myself occupied for a few weeks :)

You can always use the official editor to create a new staduim for yourself. Obviously you'd have to start a new game.

You can always use the official editor to create a new staduim for yourself. Obviously you'd have to start a new game.

Yeah, I've already started though. I'm not really fussed if it doesn't happen, especially as its just a mess about game :)

You can do this in the game. If you keep on expanding the stadium then after a few years when the stadium can't be expanded anymore the board will decide to build a new stadium. Time consuming I know but it's more realistic.

Well I know that :D

I've had a new stadium on 08 already but it seems like a long time ago. Plus, like I said, its only a quick game to put me on. Far from a serious save, so I'm not overly bothered if it happens unrealistically.

I wouldn't dream of doing this in a career game!

What Smac says.

The simplest way would be to use FMM to edit your average attendances way above your current stadium level (but keep an eye on it in case the game automatically adjusts it down after you change it). Throw a bunch of money in the bank then save your game on the 10th of June if you are in England. If you get a blocked permission message a few days later then that means there was an opportunity for a new stadium so reload until you get one.

I got the the end of the season and got the 'blocked permission' message. You said keep reloading, would this make a difference? Wouldn't it just keep on getting blocked after every reload?

I can't say for sure Neji but I saw it posted here about someone having a game crash, reloading and getting a new stadium instead of blocked permission. Tried it out on my own game and found the same thing. It might just have been coincidental though in terms of the variables involved and you might find yourself 20 reloads in and still no stadium.

Archived