Weather and wind in FM2009

Will the strong wind also happen so often in FM2009. In my opinion it is quite unrealistic, especially for clubs with big stadiums, because IRL they hacve problems with pitch due to lack of wind. In latest FM versions, there are a lot of matches where wind impacts flight of the ball.

I remember watching a game in CM03/04 (I think) in full match mode between PSV and Ajax, both of whom I was managing and it was blowing such a gale that I just knew 100% that the game would end 0-0, but I still watched the whole thing. The team kicking with the wind just booted everything into the stands, even from 30 yards out whilst the team kicking into the wind struggled to get over the half way line. In fact the closest the game came to a goal was the danger of the ball looping back over the keeper's head and into his net at a goal kick when kicking into the wind.

In recent versions I've tended not to notice the wind all that much though.

I remember watching a game in CM03/04 (I think) in full match mode between PSV and Ajax, both of whom I was managing and it was blowing such a gale that I just knew 100% that the game would end 0-0, but I still watched the whole thing. The team kicking with the wind just booted everything into the stands, even from 30 yards out whilst the team kicking into the wind struggled to get over the half way line. In fact the closest the game came to a goal was the danger of the ball looping back over the keeper's head and into his net at a goal kick when kicking into the wind.

In recent versions I've tended not to notice the wind all that much though.

If the ball didn't leave the penalty area, it would be a re-take of the goal kick; if it did go out further than 18 yards and returned into the net it would be a corner :thup:

Archived