How to change the colour of already loaned out players?

Tombob

Hi

I’ve searched this forum and can’t seem to find a fix for this problem so any help is appreciated.

I use the Flex skin and when I search for players I would like players that are already out on loan to be a different colour to players that aren’t. At the moment they all just appear as white text.

This screen shows what I currently see while searching:

th_53311_screen_122_833lo.jpg

As you can see Djibril Cisse appears in white text as all the other players but he is currently on loan at Sunderland from Marseille.

So is there a way to change the font colour for players that are already on loan?

Thanks

You should just need to edit the fm colours.xml that should be located in the settings folder for that skin, with notepad or any other text editor.

The fifth block of code called 'Player Colours' controls the colour of the text for loaned players among others - the 'loan in' and 'loan out' lines are the ones you want to edit. (The FM07 default colours dark blue/light blue were: "loan out" red="153" green="204" blue="255" alpha="100" and "loan in" red="153" green="204" blue="255").

When you have edited the colours save the file, load the game go into the preferences screen and reload your skin, with the skin cache off and the colours should change.

thanks for your reply i understand the bit you have explained but thats not what i asked about.

the colours of loaned players does change in team selection view (which is whats explained above) but it doesnt change when im doing a player search.

i want already loaned players to be a different colour from non loaned players when i do a player search.

i dont think theres a way to do it as ive tried alot of things but you guys seem to know more about it so if you have anymore ideas on how to change this then please reply

your help is appreciated!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone know how to do this on Fm09? Been trying to do it, but there's no change.

I'm using Amaga skin btw, if you need to know that. Always reload is ticked, and skin cache is unticked. Tired of not being able to see who's on loans. I can see them, however, when i include reserves on my first team squad screen on a matchday.

Help would be very much appreciated.

**edit**

Just tried to restart the game as well, but it didn't work. I'm probably doing something wrong :p

Yeah i'm patched. Don't really know why it is what it is. I will doublecheck again, just to be 110% sure; but it seems like the players colours stays white, like the rest of them, unless i have them in the reserve filter, on the first team squad screen on a matchday.

I will check it later today again, and also try with the default skin, to see if it is a "skin problem", or another corrupted default thing. Or maybe it's just me :p

I think i've narrowed down a bit to where the problem lies.

The players on loans get their "loan-status" colour back when i take away a custom team squad.xml. But i can't find out how to change the colours in that very same file.

That's my logic anyways, that it should be there, since that's where everything goes wrong.

All there should be to do now, is basically to see if someone's got the answer to my little problem :p

So, anyone?

I was thinking the same thing about the colours, and where they are defined.

I've been comparing the files now, and the skin .xml seemed ok. There were only minor differences.

I've been editing the .xml for the skin now and restarted the game and reloaded the skin, but it doesn't work. I even set the values under player on loan from/to club as the original settings, but that didn't work either.

I know very little about this stuff, but could it be a conflict somewhere with other files? Or do you have other theories?

Ok. i've been working only with 'fm colours.xml' now.

Is there anything in 'colours.xml' that could've changed? In that case, which of them is it? Really hope you're not going to answer trial and error :p

These are the lines from the fm colours.xml file that should control the loan colours:

<colour name="loan out" red="40" green="40" blue="160" alpha="100"/> <!-- on loan to other club -->

<colour name="loan in" red="40" green="40" blue="160"/> <!-- on loan from other club -->

Yeah, those are the ones i tried to change, but nothing happened.

I've deleted all my downloaded skins now, so i only have the original ones. And now it's the same story with the original (fm2009) as well. I'm going to try to experiment a little, and if i run everything to the ground, i guess i will re-install the game. Not because i have to, but because i want to find out :)

Keep the theories coming though, if you have :)

You, my dear michaeltmurrayuk, are a legend. That worked like a charm. I would never have thought of that myself.

I deleted that one when i put the full player/status info line in. Thought i didn't need it. Apparently it would've been nice to keep it. It is now re-instated.

Thank you so much, once again. If it continues like this i might have to hire you as my personal helper :p

Cheers mate :)

From one thing to another. When i put Pnfo back. It seems like my game runs smoother. Am i way off, is it just me or is that something?

Definitely more responsive now than previous seasons. :confused:

Archived