Help! I can't load fm08

DJBish

Please help...I have just purchased FM08 and when I try to install it, I get an error message saying 'Unable to open fullscreen mode'. It gives me no option to open in a smaller screen mode, it just cuts out. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Could it be down to your screen resolution. Check the minimum requirements on the back of the box and make sure your computer and moniter support the minimum screen resolution

If my res is under the minimum requirement - am I screwed?

Check the Display properties under Control Panel to make sure you have the screen resolution set as high as possible. If it is and it still does not meet the minimum requirements, you can put the following text into the game icons target line to force it into windowed mode, however doing this when your maximum resolution is below the minimum for the game can cause display problems in game, I believe.

Right click on the game icon and click on Properties. Under the Shortcut tab, in the target line, add the following :-

-small_screen -windowed

Click OK and try running the game again. This should work but as I said I do not know how the game will display.

• 2 weeks later...
hey i cant load small screen also and when i go to add the stuff into the target bit my target is like blocked so i cant remove / copy and paste it any help plz?

Im assuming you're on vista and I'm not sure the following will work but try it and let me know.

Press the 'Start' button and goto to 'Games'. You should see a FM08 logo in there, click on that and drag it to your desktop or Quick Launch. Then right click on the new shortcut you just created and see if you can edit the target line.

dang still aint working lol ive done it b4 but i uninstalled it to download a diffrent game and now its just like disabled any other ideas :(

Ahh, not sure then. If you do a search there is a solution somewhere but I'm not sure where.

kk dude looked at the post and it helped but when i click apply it comes up with a warning saying The Name '-windowed' specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name is correct u know what to do here?

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

That should be in the target box.

An alternative way of using windowed mode is to just tick the option in the game preferences but auto-hide your taskbar first. You don't need to edit the target then.

• 1 year later...

Archived