Time Wasting

Just thought... What is the official time your allowed to take before being penalised for time wasting? I thought it was 10 seconds otherwise you get a yellow card? This is about the only thing i find wrong with the game... players/goalkeepers always seem to take 20-30 seconds before they do anything..! Should this not be corrected?

Depends what you are doing. There is no time limit on some activities. If the goalkeeper is kicking the ball from the floor he can take as long as he likes if no opposition player comes to challenge him. Same with most aspects of the game apart from throw-ins or other set pieces and even then you have to wait for the referee IRL and it's impossible to judge in game when the referee has given the instruction that a set-piece can be taken.

you can already set your players to time waste. i've never tried it before so i dont know how it manifests itself though.

I tried it once. One of my players dwelled on the ball until someone took it off him, waltzed down the other end and scored an equaliser. Since then I prefer my players to try and keep playing football until the final whistle instead! Infact, at Werder Bremen where I operate a snobishly high-minded tactic and philosophy I set time-wasting to none!

I would liek to see an option in 09 where you can tell players to run to the corner flags to waste time , and go down when they get an injury.

you might aswell put an option in training teaching your players how to dive and then an in game diving slider!

no offence but this comment seems slightly silly to me

As in when taking free-kicks and corners or goal kicks... If they did this for 30 seconds in real life they would get carded im pretty sure!

It happens quite often and rarely the player gets a card for it, I've clocked goalkeepers in teams playing against "my" team Manchester United and most can take up to a minute to get the ball out, sometimes it's just ridicolous, and anyone watching the italian league will probably see even more of these kind of things.

Archived