3D and beyond

I think it is great that 3D is finally here. Step in the right direction.

Will be interesting to see where SI will take the game in a few years time when the shine wears off 3D. What will be the new ground breaking invention?

Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts etc, on the future of the game?

FM in 4D :p

To answer the OP, obviously there are massive improvements in the 3D engine to be made (while I haven't seen it, I can confidently say that the potential for improvement on any grpahics/physics engine is massive at the moment). Look at the RAGE engine - as amazy as it is, it'll look dated before too long.

On the playing side of things, I think the ability to generate stat reports, interact with players, clubs, managers, staff, fans, etc in a huge number of different ways will come as the technology allows FM to be vaster and more in-depth without impacting on performance.

ok...while it is an improvement on 3D, i think it would be groundbreaking if the graphical representation of th game would grow to a point where it actually looks like a true TV coverage of the game. able to close in to see special moves, tackles, saves etc.

creating highlights of the game you are able to watch on your real TV. actually...creating 'highlights of the season' dvd to keep memories of your career. i thin that would be impressive and bring the game to a new level.

although i think that is far far away, you would need a pretty damn good PC to run the game.

If we want out there ideas, how about speech recognition?

During press conferences you'll be asked questions that you hear through your speakers and respond through a microphone.

Speech recognition team talks! Scream your lungs out at the microphone when your team is losing etc.

The next improvement of the game should be a free suit with every game purchased, that way we can all wear suits when we reach a cup final!

Wish I could remember the name of the guy that did this .... Yes, you read that right, it's actually happened! A classic thread :-D.

During press conferences you'll be asked questions that you hear through your speakers and respond through a microphone.

Speech recognition team talks! Scream your lungs out at the microphone when your team is losing etc.

Who here needs a mic to scream when their team is losing? :p

Aye, but having done that it's then got to interpret them too ;)

It's got to recognise the hand movements and throwing of water bottles as dissent and etc. Then it should recognise "you've been sen to the stands" and been forced to leave the room.

(I always liked that on TCM you could set what you were doing, such as sitting down, or pacing the touchline, or shouting instructions. I also liked where it would say "the ball has come to you. do you throw it back quickly, kick the ball away", or something else. If you kicked it away, you sometimes got send to the stands and etc.)

the thing i'd like to see in a few years time, is more behind-the-scenes activity. by that, i mean the chairman being more outspoken, public figures, rather than just your boss, as atm the chairmen have no contact with the press in the game, which is unrealistic, eg mike ashley

this doesn't just have to be chairmen, the way blatter and platini have spoken up more recently could be in the game, eg ronaldo's slavery and platini's anti-EPL racism.

I like the idea of virtual reality :D;)

'And Manager Matthew Doughty has been banned from the game for life for hitting the ref with a punch he learned from Ricky Hatton.'

ok...while it is an improvement on 3D, i think it would be groundbreaking if the graphical representation of th game would grow to a point where it actually looks like a true TV coverage of the game. able to close in to see special moves, tackles, saves etc.

creating highlights of the game you are able to watch on your real TV. actually...creating 'highlights of the season' dvd to keep memories of your career. i thin that would be impressive and bring the game to a new level.

although i think that is far far away, you would need a pretty damn good PC to run the game.

The problem is real life matches have endless possibilities in which anything can happen due to human being having the ability to be spontaneous and do anything they want, thanks to free will.

All games and anything computer related, are governed by rules which can't be broken. So for a game to even come close to the random element of real life, there would need to be literally millions of variables along with millions of different animations to go with them. Not only would that take years of work, it would take a huge amount of space and processing power

For the resources SI have available to them, they do an exceptional job of creating a realistic match engine, but we can't expect FM to ever really compete with real world matches

Maybe one day, but as you say, far far away

How about with each game you get a pair of football boots that connect remotely to the game (a bit like the wii remote control). You can then become player manager and take part in the game, the thought of running around the house like a nutcase trying to kick the cat into the wastepaper basket to score a goal has a certain appeal about it.

Sorry i have to go now there are two men wearing white jackets knocking on the door.

true...but im not really talking about a wishlist here. they tend to be minor improvements, fixing up annoying things. i'm thinking in more in lines with PGB_SPURS_FM09 suggestion of 4D ...although i think that might be a few centuries away :)

Hate to be the geek here but the 4th dimension is time, so its already in :D

i reckon they should add a little more personality to the manager like u can actually buy stuff with the wages u get like they did in LMA manager a few years back liked that feature alot and i reckon it would work really well with FM!

i only agree with this if it actually changes something in the game. if you bought a supercar you could be called a flashy manager, if you got the bus your description could be humble manager, etc.

The next improvement of the game should be a free suit with every game purchased, that way we can all wear suits when we reach a cup final!

Wish I could remember the name of the guy that did this .... Yes, you read that right, it's actually happened! A classic thread :-D.

I remember seeing that, brilliant!

i reckon they should add a little more personality to the manager like u can actually buy stuff with the wages u get like they did in LMA manager a few years back liked that feature alot and i reckon it would work really well with FM!

But you can't sail that yatch you bought can you, or maybe we can see a sims style add on "FM Sailing 2009" ;)

The only "major" feature that is not introduced is the ability to define your own set pieces and corners.

Only my $0.02 mind...

it'd be nice, but with no offence to SI, it would probably have a few bugs and then would be exploitable like the corner cheat

Puns would be good. If you had a regen called "Barry Crack" it would always say things like "Crack-ing" (but more amusing), and "Trio Walcott" if he got a hat trick and other Mirror/Sun style awful awful headlines.

Amazingly difficult to program and would be pointless, but would amuse me (I make my own up anyway!!).

they are in the game, but very rare, i saw more in fm07 imo. i can't remember any examples but they're very similar to your ideas. i always wanted to see the extra cheesy "Adebay-score!"

they are in the game, but very rare, i saw more in fm07 imo. i can't remember any examples but they're very similar to your ideas. i always wanted to see the extra cheesy "Adebay-score!"

Yeah, they are in but I haven't seen any in a while.

It was stuff like 'Farfan-tastic!' or 'Walter-iffic!'

yeah. think the defining your own set piece play, corner play, and general teamwork/tactics.

if i can remember on the old CM series, you had in the tactics section, the option of how the players positions changed in relation as to where the ball is, didn't really use that much, but would just add to the flexibility of the game.

The problem is real life matches have endless possibilities in which anything can happen due to human being having the ability to be spontaneous and do anything they want, thanks to free will.

All games and anything computer related, are governed by rules which can't be broken. So for a game to even come close to the random element of real life, there would need to be literally millions of variables along with millions of different animations to go with them. Not only would that take years of work, it would take a huge amount of space and processing power

For the resources SI have available to them, they do an exceptional job of creating a realistic match engine, but we can't expect FM to ever really compete with real world matches

Maybe one day, but as you say, far far away

Yep, this will be the ultimate goal of all games which are trying to be a simulation - match the real world almost exactly. But a game that complex would take up your life even with lots of virtual assistants.

I don't want to get all sci-fi but videogames to me are an early step into the creation of realistic virtual worlds that we will use as alternatives to the real world at times.

Archived