Kaka

finally managed to prize Kaka away from AC Milan in the 2012/2013 season, with my Arsenal team for 35m + 20% next sale clause, but the board and fans hate him after 4 games!

their confidence of him is yellow and it was mentioned in the board report that they agree with the fans over new signing Kaka :mad:

the transfer windows just closed so im stuck with him until January now, ive dropped him but do you reckon I should keep with him and he'll come good or try to offload him in the january window?

he did have stiff competition for his place in my team, with silva, matias fernandez, fabregas, gerrard, van persie and elano all trying to get a place in the Arsenal midfield :o

do you reckon he'll come good in the end or is it a bad sign?

The fans are irrelevant. They base their decision purely on match ratings (plus in some cases an inital bias in favour or against the player) - if he doesn't do well in the first few matches (most obviously if he comes off the bench a few times and doesn't improve from a '6') your fans will turn against him, but it is irrelevant.

some people will laugh but i managed to sign him as Man City on a free transfer in 2010/2011 and for the 1st sixth months he was useless! just give him time to get used to the premiership and he will be just as good as you expected him to be, i just let him play AM and give him a free role and he soon started to take control of games and create goal after goal.....just be patient

I signed Jimenez(sp) from Inter and the fans intianlly hated him but now 3 months later he has been mentioned in every board update as considering playing well and is a good bet for player of the season.

I signed Kaka as Arsenal as well and struggled to get the best out of him. Try putting him in AMC position with freerole selected and creative freedom on full as this helped him when I had him but he was younger on my game.

i've signed kaka for arsenal before and he was amazing. i don't recall him taking too long to gel, but in my opinion if a player is struggling to settle in i carry on starting him, in the hope that that he'll get a feel for the game quicker

I also bought him in one of my Arsenal games, stick him on the right wing with him making runs to AMRC, he did pretty awesome there :a hell of a lot of assists n the odd goal : granted i shouldnt have bought him in the 1st place, but when youve got 167m transfer funds you gotta do summit really aint ya

he came good in the end you'll all be pleased to know :)

getting an 8 regularly now, loads of assists and the odd goal.. swapping and changing between kaka cesc and gerrard seems to be working well too, keeping them a little more refreshed with the amount of games im playing

my squad is pretty sorted now, have decided that he was the last major signing, im now building up the reserves with youngsters and going to start bringing them through from next year

my squad in its current form is pretty sorted, won the prem 5 years in a row, champs league 3 times, fa cup 3 times, league cup 4 :)

oochoa, marcelo, criscito, toure, dani alves, silva, matias fernandez, fabregas, kaka, gerrard, van persie, aguero, eto'o, henry are the main players of my squad at the mo.. hopefully thierry and gallas will give me some nice regens :)

Big price for a Big name player , could disrupt the harmony in the team . Thats maybse why the fans and board are unhappy.

As far as I'm aware the fans just take account of match ratings with some modifier according to how much the player cost meaning that they will get annoyed faster with a more expensive player. They aren't sophisticated enough to consider team harmony or anything like that and the "big name" issue only occurs in a positive way when the fans tell you they like a player as soon as you sign him or you get a Merchandise boost because of signing a big name.

m8 how much was gerrard? and how does he do with fabregas? didnt need kaka though but he should be given time to bond.

had to pay 90m at the start of the 3rd season for him, but he has been worth it. works really well with fabregas in the centre of midfield

only problem is though with the 90m liverpool bought ben arfa, nasri and benzema so they challenge me each season for the league, makes it more interesting i guess as we are about 15 points ahead of every one else each year

had to pay 90m at the start of the 3rd season for him, but he has been worth it. works really well with fabregas in the centre of midfield

only problem is though with the 90m liverpool bought ben arfa, nasri and benzema so they challenge me each season for the league, makes it more interesting i guess as we are about 15 points ahead of every one else each year

how much did liverpool buy benzema for? Bet they probably got him cheap. I had to pay £70 Million (most i've ever paid for somebody by a long-shot but i wanted him so so badly!) for him but he's got fans player of the year last 2 years with his assists and goals! WORTH IT :)

I bought Kaka for £33m at the start of my 4th season, he smashed it - rarely gets below an 8, and in his 1st season he scored 50 goals and got 27 assists. Not bad, works well up front with Rooney and Aguero, have Rooney and Kaka on free role.

My team is Frey, Marcelo, Ferdinand, David Luiz, Sergio Ramos, Silva (now Quaresma), Fabregas, Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney and Aguero. I try to only get 1 big player a year really, and buy some younger, cheaper players to work on. Only trouble is they end up getting sold by the board all the time!

I bought Kaka for £33m at the start of my 4th season, he smashed it - rarely gets below an 8, and in his 1st season he scored 50 goals and got 27 assists*. Not bad, works well up front with Rooney and Aguero, have Rooney and Kaka on free role.

*NICE!

My team is Frey, Marcelo, Ferdinand, David Luiz, Sergio Ramos, Silva (now Quaresma), Fabregas, Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney and Aguero. I try to only get 1 big player a year really, and buy some younger, cheaper players to work on. Only trouble is they end up getting sold by the board all the time!

No more Silva? why? he's amazing! i play him on the right wing even tho it says he is more natural on left wing because he can cut in and score awesome goals with his left foot! amazing!

he came good in the end you'll all be pleased to know :)

getting an 8 regularly now, loads of assists and the odd goal.. swapping and changing between kaka cesc and gerrard seems to be working well too, keeping them a little more refreshed with the amount of games im playing

my squad is pretty sorted now, have decided that he was the last major signing, im now building up the reserves with youngsters and going to start bringing them through from next year

my squad in its current form is pretty sorted, won the prem 5 years in a row, champs league 3 times, fa cup 3 times, league cup 4 :)

oochoa, marcelo, criscito, toure, dani alves, silva, matias fernandez, fabregas, kaka, gerrard, van persie, aguero, eto'o, henry are the main players of my squad at the mo.. hopefully thierry and gallas will give me some nice regens :)

glad to hear i was wrong

No more Silva? why? he's amazing! i play him on the right wing even tho it says he is more natural on left wing because he can cut in and score awesome goals with his left foot! amazing!

Well, after three years (bought him at the end of first season) he decided he wanted a new challenge as he'd won everything; I thought it was fair enough since I'd won the Prem league every year, plus he'd won both cups and the Champions League. I was planning on selling Ronaldo (just for a change) and replacing him with Messi (who unfortunately wouldn't come... hate trying to pry players from Barca or Real), but since Silva wanted to go I sold him and gave Ronaldo a new contract. Got Quaresma at the last minute but had to pay well over the odds for him, but he's doing alright.

Silva was superb for those three seasons, a few goals and a *lot* of assists in that time. That was my favourite team with him in. :)

Archived