pre nd post match press conferences

i believe that in the new FM 09 there is now a new pre and post match press conferences. this is a fab new feature, but there is one particular feature i have had in mind for the last few years, wel since 07, and that is manual input in the game. I.E, when approched by the press and are asked a series of questions, there shud be a text unput box open up, and we 'Type' our answers in there, instead of selecting our answers from a number of multiple choice ones which are availble to select. this way we can type whatever we like in the box, and have it registered in the game. again, for expample if im approched by sky sports presenter jeff stelling after a game, and an incident accured where he askd for my opinion., i could then type my opinion and then have it back page news the next day.(if i criticised or praised). this 'typing' feature should also be availble during the press conference and during pre and post match interviews. also maybe on transfer rumors and on press conferences when new signings are made. i think this would be fantastic. i believe this is making our job as a manager more interactive and more importantly, feel more part of the game. any ideas??

is this in the new 09 release? or has that been in them all

There hasn't been press conferences in any other FM, so it is in the new one .

(you should be able to see the "additional comments" box in the screen shot for press conferences :D )

I know this will be in the game, but how would the game be able to understand the text? the game would need to understand emotion, require a large vocabulary, as well as being able to account for spelling errors, bad grammar, etc. imo, this would bring us too close to giving robots cognitive powers lol....

I understand that it would be a brilliant feature to vent your anger by being able to tell players and press to "eff off", but it's not really viable. instead, i'd rather see SI come up with more options for the press

yeah i see your point wills, if this wasn't at all a possiblity, then i would like to see ALOT more mutliple choice answers, rather than the same 3 or 4 that pop up right thru out the game. ie, before games ur approched on your chances of the upcoming game. all the possible replies are all the same everytime.. i would like to at least see them varied and have alot more to choose from

I know this will be in the game, but how would the game be able to understand the text?

For 99% of the time it won't, but someone from SI said that in some instances it might.

I guess that the game will recognise some phrases and words and do something based on those.

I think there could be a plausable way to implement this already, so we can say what we want and the game understands it (to a very limited extent).

Basically, we get a selection of tone ie Angry, Happy, Delighted etc. So we choose a tone and then we type what we want. Obviously, the game couldn't understand our text but it would beable to quote it like a real article and pick up on the tone.

Obviously, there would be a problem with people selecting the wrong tone though, not sure how you could get around that.

Archived