Weather Influence FM 2009

Miles just confirmed in a interview with a Norwegian Gamer site that weather will have an influence on the games, if its rainy and bad weather, the ball can change direction, playing direct football can be difficult. He says, at the start of the game, the ball can go fine, but as its raining, the pitch gets worse, and the play will be more difficult. This will not be an visual feature, but its still there.

For those who read Norwegian:

http://www.gamer.no/artikler/football_manager_2009/56045?pid=0

PS! If this have been told before, i apologize, have not seen it around :p

and not been changing during a match.

This is true, and it'll be nice to see, although i haven't seen it change that much in a match IRL.

I do think weather was a very significant factor in FM08 though, but i guess that's just down to personal opinion.

Yes, i agree, but more not changing during the match.....more like.....u see the pitch in winter mode or in bad rainy brown mode at the start.....and having problems playing Arsenal style.....but imagine changing during the match......maybe need to change style of play during the match too....i would say cool, more realistic :D

Well, i have seen it change alot during a match up in Trondheim, during a Champions League match once, we had rain, snow and sun in the same game.....:p

I raised this a while back and don't think I got a definate answer, maybe one of the SI guys can say yes or no. If weather affects the game, does that mean if it's raining and I set my players to take more long shots, the shots will be more difficult for the keeper to deal with?

I raised this a while back and don't think I got a definate answer, maybe one of the SI guys can say yes or no. If weather affects the game, does that mean if it's raining and I set my players to take more long shots, the shots will be more difficult for the keeper to deal with?

wwfan did a thread on this (or linked me to one, can't remember which) that had in depth descriptions of what to expect from each weather type - iirc was on fmbritain.

As far as i know weather does affect games in FM08, and taking long shots when its wet is usually quite effective.

• 3 months later...

There's nothing like hammering a slippery long-range Mitre through the keeper's hands during a downpour :D

I just wish we saw the ingame effects too, like a sodden pitch, brown uniforms and 30-feet belly slides after a goal.

Given that weather is an influential factor, it would be nice if it was realistic. No more December heatwaves in Inverness, for example!

What this guy said.. I think I have raised this issue with different versions of FM in the bug forum (there's a thread in there for this version) about the weather just not making sense, but everybody official seems to ignore this.. I've got snow in Milan in april, and heatwaves in december and everything in between..

And as far as I can see extreme weather also affects fitness of players, they tire much quicker and are also more susceptible to injuries.. So to see actual weather screwed up is annoying..

Archived