Now what do I do?? (this is slightly ridiculous)

This kind of thing used to happen to me all the time on previous versions of the game. But on FM08, I've never had it happen. This was once one of my greatest bugbears. I used to bang on about it a lot on this forum. I'd wager that, at least a couple of times, it was bordering on a rant. But it used to annoy me so much, and what annoyed me even more was that SI never seemed to get rid of it. But it seems like they finally have on FM08. Obviously the experience of the OP shows that it's not been completely eradicated.

This has just happened to me and really annoying! I am fully patched and its to do with the year 2021 and the international dates! The internationals are played on the first weekend of Sept or a certain number of weeks from the start of the season. And 2021 seems to be the year they clash. Normally there would be premiership games that weekend and they would be moved/changed for another week but this doesn't apply for the Super Cup for some reason! I lost 5-1 and had a squad full of 16-18 year olds and even some of my youth team were on international duty.

Last time I had this happen was in FM05 when my team (Rushden) were essentially the Brazil team (I was also Brazil manager), for 2 seasons I had a tough time in Europe because half my team was playing in South America.

If you were the Brazil manager, and Your Rushden side was effectively the Brazil team, why didn't you stop calling up your players to the National side to ease the problem at Rushden?!?

Archived