Quiting Then Loading?

Just before I would start a Semi Final/ final I would save the game and then if I lose I would quit and load it up again!! I just can't help it! I am such a bad loser! I hate too lose, well, anybody got any ideas how I can stop doing this! Because it ruins the game formyself! I want to be able to lose cup finals and then bounce back but I just have the urge or the need to do this!

Just before I would start a Semi Final/ final I would save the game and then if I lose I would quit and load it up again!! I just can't help it! I am such a bad loser! I hate too lose, well, anybody got any ideas how I can stop doing this! Because it ruins the game formyself! I want to be able to lose cup finals and then bounce back but I just have the urge or the need to do this!

You remind me a friend of mine who does the same thing but never regrets it...And guess what he is 38 years old!He can't stand losing...

Snap the CD, cancel autosave and you'll never be able to quit the game again. :p

Alternatively, continue as you do now and get over it - it's only a game; you might as well enjoy it! ;)

If you are really serious about it and it is affecting your mental stability then please seek professional help. :thup:

I think I've covered everything!!!

The phrase cheats never prosper is there for a reason, you don't prosper because you get no satisfaction from it, if you can't stop yourself then you'll never get the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself fair and square.

Only you can stop yourself using willpower.

You have to take small steps, save the game before an important match, then only allow yourself the chance to reload twice, i.e If you get beat by Barcelona in the semi's reload, then if you get beat again reload, but then if you get a third time you MUST continue. Then only allow yourself one reload, then none.

Cheers people! OK, No saving and quiting! If I don't save it before and I win, I suppose I will feel like I really did it, PLUS, If I lose, it will just make me more hungry to win that trophy again ay!? Plus, Real managers don't get the chance to quit and start again! If I look at it this way! I'm sure I wont quit and save! Cheers people!

my cousin would go all the best teams take there players on a free and sell his for top prices and he won everything every season, hardly ever lost a game, but he was made up he got satisfaction and he would do 20 years or so of doin that

i tried and got 5 months in before startin again i was so bored,

i dont like cheating as it ruins the game but i do like to start off with a bit of money, i mean in 07 version when i'd go liverpool i'd only have 8 million available, id go chelsea and give myself 40 mill

Have you ever considered what benifits you may gain by losing???

Have you ever considered what a loss in a major game or cup final will do to a competitive person like yourself. Ever wondered how you would feel when you come up against the team that beat you again?

Personally I hate it, I cant stand losing but it makes me all the more determind not to lose again. Especially to the same team.

I play this game because I love it but I continue to play on because of my hatred for my rivals. Its when you start playing this game with a bit of anger that you really start to appreciate it on another level.

In the end you may just gain more from losing then you would winning :)

• 2 years later...

I know this thread a bit old, but let me bump it up a bit =p

Currently facing this problem, always have the tendency to reload when losing against easy win teams in league matches. Then somehow, modified the tactics, change some touchline instructions and the replay end up winning by 3 - 4 goals. Later, I will feel bad about it since there is no satisfaction winning on a reload and it removes the realism from the fm experience.

One way to motivate me to stop reloading, is the fact i'll never go very far in the save and ill always end up restarting to a new save

I was always paranoid that somewhere in the save file it would remember you doing this and would punish you for it, I have seen it before when i get a lot of good regens but when i load it up again they are all rubbish. The only time i do it is when testing tactics nowdays.

I used to do that an awful lot when I was younger, but as a I matured I realised that my achievements were alot more satisfying when I had won them fairly. You'll get there in the end, the game is alot more fun when you just go with the flow. :p

Archived