Moving a saved game between computers

I have just bought a new laptop and want to move the saved game from my old computer to the new laptop. I have nearly managed this but get a message saying that it had to revert to the default database for the saved game.

Is there a step by step guide on how to do this? I have copied the saved game, have the original, 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 databases saved and patched with the latest one.

The saved game was using the latest patch but using the 8.0.1 database.

Any help will be really appreciated as I have really enjoyed this long term game.

1if you have a usb memory stick put the save on that (the save is located in your documents under sports interactive fm08 and games i think)

2 go onto your new computers documents and put the save in the same place you got it from on the other computer

p.s im not sure if you have to create a new folder called games or not but try it without first to save the effort but if you have to just make a new folder or just quickly start a new game and that will automatically make the new folder

and you should be good to go

I don't think it is actually a problem. I had this and carried on my save regardless and never saw anything bad. Thing is, in a save it can't use the original db because I dont think a save uses a db. I could by wrong but there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived