FM 08 - Increasing Manager Mental Stats?

OK so there are 6 categorys in the managers stats that can be increased and decreased

Its pretty obvious for some but for others im not sure how you would increase them

For example Squad Discipline, Financial Control and Tactical Consistency are pretty self explantory and i always get those stats up pretty high or to full eventually.

The ones i don't understand are Hands on Approach (i always get a pretty low rating for that) I was wondering if that was concerned with press conferences etc because i don't do much of those. Also i don't get club/player loyalty because Ive got a low rating on my save right now of 6 yet i feel i am pretty loyal and always reject job offers and act uninterested in new clubs. The other one is domestic player bias which i guess means having a lot of homegrown players in your team. I don't see much point in this however because the best players are in Brazil & Argentina and American nations.

Can anyone explain a few of these?

These stats are just visual. They don't have any input in the game. ie. Getting all 20s won't affect you as a manager. No point changing your managerial style just to get better/worse numbers. They are what they are according to how you've performed as a manager.

domestic player bias I assume refers to signings (home nation players or foreign) as well as team selection. And to say "I don't see much point in this however because the best players are in Brazil & Argentina and American nations." is sort of pointless because they aren't saying it is a good/bad thing, just stating your preference.

hands on approach possibly refers to how much effort you put into training schedules etc, basically whether you leave things to your staff or get your hands dirty yourself (not sure though)

Archived