Will You Be Able To Manage Dover Athletic On FM09

Mark Man, i'm not sure but i imagine the Dover researcher has indeed put in all the players he knows of however if you dont load all players from England (on startup) the teams lower than what leagues you select will not load as many real players as if you had selected the league. So if you put Dover in the Blue Square South and ran that league you should get all the real players (provided they have been researched)

I had a similar problem with King's Lynn

Cheers you two great replies! First of all:

1) Has there definatly been a Dover Athletic researcher for the 09 version of the game? As there must not have been for 08.

2) Would be an interesting job I would like to take up perhaps for the 2010 version of the game!1 I go very regularly!

On FM08, Dover athletic were obviously on the game, but there player names were made up, and they were unavailable to manage :(

Sorry, you can't manage them - mostly because Andy Hessenthaler is doing too good a job there! :D They do have IRL players in the database, but you have to load all players from England at start up to get them in the game. :thup:

Isnt that the real squad of Dover Athletic? Because if you load all players from England in FM08 that's what they have. Looks real to me.

Just checked on Wiki with that link, and most of the team that are in that FM game are at the club irl, so it looks like to be a databse thing

Cheers you two great replies! First of all:

1) Has there definatly been a Dover Athletic researcher for the 09 version of the game? As there must not have been for 08.

2) Would be an interesting job I would like to take up perhaps for the 2010 version of the game!1 I go very regularly!

If you email Gripper (check out the data forum) I'm sure he'd be interested to take you on if no-one currently researches for them. You're part of the Hess Express then! Hope Trigger does a good job for you on loan from us, and the likes of Poton, Franny Collin and Wallis do well for you. Not forgetting Hess of course! In fact, you have quite a few ex-Gills and ex-Gills youth players for you!

I dare say the Dover players don't like it when Hessie puts his boots on and trains with them, the bruises must take ages to heal :D

Haha, for a midget he packs quite a punch! I love him though. Literally love. :D

Archived