Football Manager 2009 Patch

Ok, well I am going to buy FM 09 on the day it comes out, and more than likely start and carry on the season with one team for many months seeing what I can achieve! But when the patch comes out in February 2009 with the january transfers, and the many changes they will make to the game like FM 08, I will feel that i'll have to stop my current season and straight away download the new patch and start all over again.

Will anybody else be doing this?

(In FM08, The 8.0.2 patch almost made it a whole new game, which is why I am asking this)

It is usually advised that you start over, but they are compatible with save games. Some effects presumably take time to settle out if you carry on with the same game and you can get some undesirable effects (like the changes to how CA points where used in attributes as I recall in the 8.0.2 patch so if you upgraded and carried on it looked as though all your players had suddenly become worse).

Obviously you don't get the new database either by continuing an old save, but I can never understand why people want an updated database that doesn't match up to the game start data anyway.

Archived