Football Manager Vs LMA

When I was growing up, people just went on about LMA Manager, O what a great game it is, ETC ETC ETC, but since about 3 years ago, I have not heard hardly anything at all from LMA! Football Manager has just completely took over!

So, what do you think has made FM a beter game??

LMA is no longer made I don't think.

FM is the most realistic, has the best database of any management sim and is the only one I've played that brings out real football emotions, thats why it is on top IMO.

I had to research it, and LMA 2009 is coming out shortly I believe...

I used to play LMA, and I loved it, but when I came to FM since FM07 I loved it twice as much!

As you said Neji, it brings out real football emotions!

I had to research it, and LMA 2009 is coming out shortly I believe...

Where have you read that?

LMA came out on mobiles but no consoles/pc last year and as far as I know, Codemasters haven't even confirmed there is an 09 yet.

I could be wrong though.

i find it stupidly unrealistic when it comes to transfers. players seem to move quite cheap and there always seems to be quality players available on bosmans at the end of the season which dosnt seem to happy in real life although the design your own stadium thing was really good

i used to love LMA 2003. That was easily the best 1 on PS2. Amazing game... you could still play it now and be fun.. just as you could premier manager 98 and 99. They are good but i have found with LMA 2004 and onwards they changed the way you can play matches the match engine was really bad and took ages to do a game even skipping a game took bloody ages! So after 2003 i went to fm and its definately the best footy sim out there by a long shot :)

When I was growing up, people just went on about LMA Manager, O what a great game it is, ETC ETC ETC, but since about 3 years ago, I have not heard hardly anything at all from LMA! Football Manager has just completely took over!

So, what do you think has made FM a beter game??

I would have to say that CM/FM has always been a better game, you just didn't play it is all :p Just because you only recently moved over to it doesn't mean that it has suddenly become a great game :)

LMA was never a good game when compared to SI's games.

You will find many people on this board have been playing CM/FM since the early to mid 1990's (Myself since 1993/94)

Davestu - That long? Wow! Well, Just that I am 17 now, and During my school days, we all used to plan our LMA tactics in our maths books instead of work! Never really heard of FM/CM untill roughly 4 years ago!

It's a shame I haven't been playing it for as long as you! I would imagine these were allways better than LMA!

I'd agree with davestu, i've been playing CM/FM since 97 and have always preferred it. LMA had it's plus points, but was never going to be as absorbing as CM or FM.

I can't remember what I started out with. It was a management game on the mega drive and was incredibly easy because there was no tier for player training and after 3 years a conference player could become the best in the world :D . My first taste of CM was at a mates house and it seemed really boring watching bim play it, he let me borrow it (the game in 97/98 didn't need the disc to operate so it meant I got the game too :p ) and I became hooked. My comp was ridiculously slow and i'd get home at 3 and set about uploading a new game, which would take about 1hr lol, so I did my homework while it sorted itself out. Anyone remember the club names and colours flashing across the top of the screen as it loaded, eventually you kinda learnt the order and knew when it was nearly finished, that's when you got excited :D

Davestu - That long? Wow! Well, Just that I am 17 now, and During my school days, we all used to plan our LMA tactics in our maths books instead of work! Never really heard of FM/CM untill roughly 4 years ago!

It's a shame I haven't been playing it for as long as you! I would imagine these were allways better than LMA!

Indeed it has been a long time. I guess the thing is LMA wasn't around when I was a kid, Just Premier Manager and Champ Man. CM/FM was always the better game. LMA didn't come along until I had been into CM/FM for a while already so I never really played it. I did have a go a couple of times at a mates house, thought it was total crap tbh!

I guess I used to do the same thing at school for the early games with a couple of mates. Everybody wanted to get Eric Cantona and Ray Wilkins because they could score 40 goals a season each without breaking sweat :) Talking tactics and formations too. Oh those were the days.... :p

I've always been with CM/FM since 97/98 when a friend lent me a copy... before this I didn't even follow football. The game changed my life, completely converted me and Sports Interactive have had a loyal customer ever since! I tried LMA (I think it was 2001/02 and it was like sleeping with my sister. It just didn't feel right, and having been used to such a realistic feel with CM, LMA just felt arcadey and unsubstantial. I've learnt my lesson. Never will I deviate again, although I'm ashamed to say for a brief moment I was wowed by FIFA Manager's graphics, but deep down I know the game won't have the same enjoyable feel.

Yeah, I'm now at college, but the school days of talking of formations, tactics, set piece takers and upcoming fixtures made school worth going too! With LMA you didnt feel like you was fully in control and I never played the game with passion, but with FM 08, I felt like I was in charge of the real club! I would get annoyed when I lost and be over-joyed when I won! maybe in FM09 in the champions league I'll play the champions league theme tune as the teams come out! Well, it just adds to the atmosphere ;)

Yeah, I'm now at college, but the school days of talking of formations, tactics, set piece takers and upcoming fixtures made school worth going too!

I spent my A levels (2001), playing Sensible Soccer in our form room. Somone brought in a mega drive and we organised a full league season between most of the year with each person probably playing a couple of hundred games each :D The league table was difficult reading.

I spent my A levels (2001), playing Sensible Soccer in our form room. Somone brought in a mega drive and we organised a full league season between most of the year with each person probably playing a couple of hundred games each :D The league table was difficult reading.

Love it! I spent my A Levels (1998) playing Mario Kart, Bomberman and NBA Jam on an old SNES someone brought in. Just a group of about 8 of us. We set up our own little common room. I remember two of us got two weeks of work experince at a school and we took a copy of CM and did nothing but play that just about the whole time :)

i've been at it since 93 when i got cm in a football collection - I bought it for sensible soccer but havent stopped playing since. TBH the one i had most fun with was 93-94, 2-4-4 formations and 6-2 wins every game. i still whip it out from time to time. the game that is. I dabbled with premier manager for a while but once i upgraded my computer i moved on.

Love it! I spent my A Levels (1998) playing Mario Kart, Bomberman and NBA Jam on an old SNES someone brought in. Just a group of about 8 of us. We set up our own little common room. I remember two of us got two weeks of work experince at a school and we took a copy of CM and did nothing but play that just about the whole time :)

Brilliant :D

Archived