Match Engine Code

Can you tell me if the match engine code is the same wether you use the "Only Commentary" option, or the "2D" Option or the "3D" option?

And was this the case in FM2008? Because I have the impression it´s diferent if you use the "Commentary Only" option, or the "2D" Option.

Thanks

This has been answered year after year by SI since they introduced the 2d match screen back in CM4. The game is calculated when you click "Go to match" and then is just displayed to you via whatever method you choose (commentary, 2D or now 3D).

That makes it sound as though the match is pre-determined, which isn't quite right.

The match is calculated as it goes along by a match engine, taking into account any changes you make. The match engine is then represented by whatever view you have chosen, be it 2d, 3d or text only. The view you use has no effect on the match engine and the outcome of the game.

From my understanding the match is pre-calculated and re-calculated (to its end) each time you interact with it (i.e. make a substitution or tactical change). Either way though, what you see is just different windows into the same match engine.

And the same situation will be in FM09 with the 3d match engine.

That makes it sound as though the match is pre-determined, which isn't quite right.

The match is calculated as it goes along by a match engine, taking into account any changes you make. The match engine is then represented by whatever view you have chosen, be it 2d, 3d or text only. The view you use has no effect on the match engine and the outcome of the game.

The match is pre-determined when you click on Continue/Go to Match, etc until changes are made by either you or the AI, at which point it recalculates the remainder of the match, assuming no further changes, when you click continue. If it did not do this then you could not play the game using the highlights option as the ME would not know what constitutes a Key moment to highlight.

Therefore if nothing changed from the moment the game started, the ME would know exactly how the game would finish. This is partly why you cannot get the same result in a game if you replay it over and over again once saved after a certain point before a match because the game has pre-determined the result, but as no 2 games are rarely the same, the results will always be different.

This has been answered year after year by SI since they introduced the 2d match screen back in CM4. The game is calculated when you click "Go to match" and then is just displayed to you via whatever method you choose (commentary, 2D or now 3D).

since he only joined two weeks ago, it is not likely that he would have had the chance to read about this year after year and be bored by questions like this as you obviously are

Archived