Manager Recognition

I have had a few succesful seasons and have had offers of national manager from Czech, Spain and Argentina. However, I am interested in a top club like Man Utd or Arsenal etc. Is there any way I can let these clubs know of my interest - to be considered as their manager should the position arise? I seem to have read something on this subject ages ago on this forum, which suggests there is a way of registering my interest in another club.

If you go to the job security page it will tell you what managers are under pressure etc, if you fancy the job right click on the club name and it will give you the option to "declare interest", this releases a press article saying you want the job. Sometimes this makes the team in question sack their manager and approach you, but you'll probably still have to keep an eye out for available jobs as well.

If you go to the job security page it will tell you what managers are under pressure etc, if you fancy the job right click on the club name and it will give you the option to "declare interest", this releases a press article saying you want the job. Sometimes this makes the team in question sack their manager and approach you, but you'll probably still have to keep an eye out for available jobs as well.

Does this only work with managers "under pressure"? or can I declare an interest in say, Chelsea who are only 7th in the prem and I am currently 1st.

Does this only work with managers "under pressure"? or can I declare an interest in say, Chelsea who are only 7th in the prem and I am currently 1st.

How far into the season are you? If chelsea are only 7th thenI don't think it will be too long before their manager is under pressure.

How far into the season are you? If chelsea are only 7th thenI don't think it will be too long before their manager is under pressure.

Strange you should ask that, as after chelsea lost the very next game (game 16 of the prem) and their manager immediately came under pressure. I duly contacted chelsea to say I was interested.

My current club, instead of sacking me, made a statement to the effect that they hoped I would stay on. But Chelsea immediately offered me a 2-year contract which I accepted. My replacement? Jose Mourinio!

I played and won about 8 games last night and received a statement from the board saying they were basically pleased but disappointed about losing in the Carling cup (which they were already out of prior to my taking over.) I am 10 points behind Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal...........

What's your nationality in game?

I did an experiment some time ago and found that nationality was a huge factor in what jobs you got offered. The reason i did this was that after starting as a bulgarian, and managing nigeria i was unable to find a job anywhere even after winning the ACN and getting to the world cup semis.

E.g. everytime i started a game i had the same starting reputation (international footballer) - the only thing i changed was nationality.

I ran the dutch premier league and the english leagues as low as the conf.

Nationalities that were offered a high level job (e.g. PSV)

English

French

Italian

Dutch

German

Spanish

Australian

Argentinian

Brazilian

Nationalities that were offered a second tier job (sparta rotterdam, coventry)

Irish

Nigerian

Portugese

Russian

Scottish

Nationalities that were unable to get a conference job

Bulgarian

Ukranian

Northern Irish

any Asian

most african

Now, i'm not saying this happens all the time - there is a distinct element of randomness to it (e.g. the first attempt "Irish" was unable to get any job - the second attempt they got the sparta job) but in general it appears that the higher the rep of the nationality, the better the light in which the manager is seen in.

I can appreciate it if it was nationality that controlled starting reputation, as clearly a brazilian international is more likely to have a higher rep than a chinese international, however in every case the starting rep was the same (continental iirc) which makes me think that the boards of the clubs are just a bunch of racists lol

Archived