Question: How to transfer game files from Windows PC to Mac..

So, I just recently got a new Mac to replace my old Dell PC, but I'm not ready to let go of my current game of FM with Crystal Palace. Having installed FM on the Mac, I figured I could just copy the game file from the Sports Interactive folders on my PC to the 'games' folder on my Mac. But, when I try to load that game on the Mac it crashes FM and just asks if I want to re-load - similarly, if I double click the game file it opens FM but won't let me open the game.

The game's saved as a .fm file. Am I being stupid and missing an obvious flaw, or can I genuinely not move my game from Windows to Mac? Will I have to make Palace world-beaters all over again?

Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming.

So, I just recently got a new Mac to replace my old Dell PC, but I'm not ready to let go of my current game of FM with Crystal Palace. Having installed FM on the Mac, I figured I could just copy the game file from the Sports Interactive folders on my PC to the 'games' folder on my Mac. But, when I try to load that game on the Mac it crashes FM and just asks if I want to re-load - similarly, if I double click the game file it opens FM but won't let me open the game.

The game's saved as a .fm file. Am I being stupid and missing an obvious flaw, or can I genuinely not move my game from Windows to Mac? Will I have to make Palace world-beaters all over again?

Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming.

i got a new computer and copied my stuff on a disk and then copied it to the new computer and it worked fine.

Hi,

I'm trying to do exactly the same - pc to mac and simply cannot get it to work.

Were you transferring FM2005, and where did you transfer the game files too? I've tried the games folder but when I launch FM2005 and try to load the game it doesn't appear, and also won't load when double clicked direct in the applications folder.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer a novice.

Hey there. My problem was that the game I was moving was on the latest patch, v8.02 or something, and I was trying to open it on the new computer where I hadn't downloaded the patch. By the looks of it, you can only transfer games between saves with the same patch. I'm not sure about FM2005, but it's probably the same basic problem: get the same patch for your Mac and it should be fine.

Also, make sure you save the .fm file, as in just copy and paste it, to the 'game' section within the 'data' folder.

I hope that helps.

Archived