Finally snapped

10 years of CM/FM frustration has finally come out and I've snapped my FM08 CD. All the things that have been wrong with every game have come together and tipped me over the edge. There wasn't really a defining point, I was just playing the game and thinking "I don't care anymore".

The games have brought me more good memories than bad, and this is not me "having a go" at the game. I just wanted to say that I've finally had the conviction to do what I'm sure most FM players worldwide have always been tempted to.

Has anyone else ever snapped one of their FM CD's?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you need to go out and do different things if a game means you start to break things.

I just give up playing after 6-8 months. I usually play it incessantly for that time and then the things that really bug me make the game unplayable for me.

I wont list them because I dont fancy reading the replies asking for "PROOF!!!11!"

The snapping of the CD wasn't really me taking out my frustration by breaking things. It was more to do with stopping me playing the game in the future, because I could easily take a month or so away from the game, but I know I'd just load it up again and end up getting annoyed all over again.

The snapping of the CD wasn't really me taking out my frustration by breaking things. It was more to do with stopping me playing the game in the future, because I could easily take a month or so away from the game, but I know I'd just load it up again and end up getting annoyed all over again.

Could have sold it on eBay?

No, because I have something called self-control. Breaking things out of frustration is a bit pathetic really.

Yea, I agree.

I've never snapped a disc. The worse I've done is destroy control pads. Not via frustration of the game, but because with the PS2 the joy pads were poor, and more often than not the X or O buttons would get stuck, so I'd be doing something, press one, and it wouldn't responds, resulting to me lobbing the joypad half way to hell. (Taking the PS2 with it :( )

At a guess, about 35-40 PS2 controllers went through my hands :D

It's called self control, or maybe therapy in this case.

Robbie Williams did - he said he'd become so addicted (CM4 I think) that he couldn't get any rehearsals done for one of his tour thingies and his management had to have words with him and in the end he snapped the CD just to force himself to stop playing it.

For real?

He would've done the world a favour by keeping his addiction up, but on the up-side, I'm sure he helped shift scores of ear-muffs... so I'm not all bad. A silver lining, if you will. ;)

And no. I have never ever snapped a CD on purpose. I've sold each and every version of FM, though... I guess that it's similar to snapping them...

I guess most of you have never played the Ninja Gaiden series on the xbox. That will frustrate you to the point where you break something. I recently beat master ninja mode on NGII and feel like I've aged 20 years

Was tempted to buy NGII the other day, is it much harder than the first one?

Was tempted to buy NGII the other day, is it much harder than the first one?

I would say if you can beat the first NG or NGB then you shouldn't have much trouble beating NGII on it's default difficulty, they are about on par. The 2 highest difficulties (path of the mentor, path of the master ninja) are insanely difficult though. Still good fun though, it brings back memories of the NES days where most games were hard

For real?

He would've done the world a favour by keeping his addiction up, but on the up-side, I'm sure he helped shift scores of ear-muffs... so I'm not all bad. A silver lining, if you will. ;)

And no. I have never ever snapped a CD on purpose. I've sold each and every version of FM, though... I guess that it's similar to snapping them...

Yeah he said it in an interview, and that he was so obssessed with the game, he started thinking of people in terms of FM-style attributes (I think he may have been joking there... or not?).

Whys it all the 'Part-timers' who defend the game to the death that think your crazy...

Humm...

I agree with you though...It's more cost effective than throwing something into your HD TV - (Which Ive seen people do...)

Why is it all the "amateurs" who say stupid stuff like this, and start daft threads like this one?

Bless.....

Your cool...

Indeed he is.

Bless.....
You've made the grand total of 6 posts - one was infraction worthy, the two most recent are utter tripe and the others were of limited quality to say the least...why do you bother even coming on here?

Please be quiet unless you have something worthy to say - why do you bother even coming on here?

Please be quiet unless you have something worthy to say - why do you bother even coming on here?

SI clearly think i've contributed positively, that's why i'm currently testing the FM09 beta.

As far as i'm concerned they're the only people who's opinion is important, the approval of board regulars comes a close second, however if people such as yourself don't like what i've got to say....i may struggle to hold back tears :(

Yes Ched, you offer absolutely nothing to these forums!! Why do you even both ;):D

Well if it's to show he can quote the Football Manager 2008 Instruction Manual then no he has nothing useful to add...apart from tear into anyone who has a bad word to say about the Football Manager series... :cool:

Well if it's to show he can quote the Football Manager 2008 Instruction Manual then no he has nothing useful to add...apart from tear into anyone who has a bad word to say about the Football Manager series... :cool:

At what point did i quote the manual? lol

Read this and this and this and this and this and this.

No doubt you will avoid commenting, internet cowardice in all its glory.

I would be pleasantly surprised if you do appologise for accusing me of "defending the game to death" but i won't hold my breath.

he has nothing useful to add...apart from tear into anyone who has a bad word to say about the Football Manager series... :cool:

Yes he does have useful stuff to add, you just clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe if people were a bit more constructive in their criticism, then maybe forum regualrs wouldn't "tear into anyone who has a bad word to say about the Football Manager series."

Ever thought like that? Thought not.

The way I see it:

The forum regulars are people who have devoted time to the game and these forums.

This may be the internet, but you have NO right whatsoever to curse, swear, insult or put down these people who have been consistently posting, reporting issues, bringing up game bugs, improving the game etc.

These are the people Miles was talking about on the 'forums' that they listened to extensively.

To put them down, means putting down the game.

This thread is the reason we need entire posts like 'these forums'.

Ched was perhaps a little dismissive but reddwarfer, you abused 'part timers' before he said anything at all.

Why can't everyone just be grown up and quit baiting each other?

Why can't everyone just be grown up and quit baiting each other?

My bad :(

I'm just getting a tad sick of being accused of fanboyism or "defending the game to death" - hence the dismissive nature of my post, i think i may avoid these forums from Nov 14th for a month or two as the amount of abuse directed at us "fanboys" will no doubt multiply exponentially.

At what point did i quote the manual? lol

Read this and this and this and this and this and this.

No doubt you will avoid commenting, internet cowardice in all its glory.

I would be pleasantly surprised if you do appologise for accusing me of "defending the game to death" but i won't hold my breath.

Those are just links to poorly written responses to questions many Football Manager users have and thus you will try to 'Defend to the death' your point that the Football Manager Series is the best thing since they S-Club 7

Those are just links to poorly written responses to questions many Football Manager users have and thus you will try to 'Defend to the death' your point that the Football Manager Series is the best thing since they S-Club 7

oh deary me, can a mod close this shambles?

I tried to treat him with a degree of tollerance by providing proof that i don't "defend the game to death" but obviously that isn't good enough....

I think i'll stick to "bless" from now on as any more effort is really pointless.

oh deary me, can a mod close this shambles?

I tried to treat him with a degree of tollerance by providing proof that i don't "defend the game to death" but obviously that isn't good enough....

I think i'll stick to "bless" from now on as any more effort is really pointless.

I find such barbs especially ironic when they're aimed at you Ched. It's not hard to find some pretty stinging criticisms of the game by your good self. But this is what you get for trying to enter into an intelligent discussion.

I find such barbs especially ironic when they're aimed at you Ched. It's not hard to find some pretty stinging criticisms of the game by your good self. But this is what you get for trying to enter into an intelligent discussion.

TBF the vast majority of times "fanboy" (or the equivalent) is used against anyone it's completely unjustified. There are very few people on these forums who senselessly defend the game, in fact i struggle to name any.

I find it especially amusing when wwfan gets accused of being a fanboy when someone doesn't like his tactical advice :D

I think I could probably count on 2 hands the amount of people who add anything of actual substance on the forums these days (there are a large number of users who post interesting questions as well), the current climate is pushing me ever closer to just not bothering to come on here at all. I used to like to add to a majority of the threads here, but now I find myself avoiding most of them ebcause I can can see exactly where they are headed.

Archived