Mac Install issue: No icon after install?

Corf22

Whenever I install my FM on my mac, it completes and then when i go to open the game there is no icon to choose from. I have installed and re installed the game several times but this still does not work! Please help me! I am lost without FM!!

Thanks

The program should be in the folder sports interacive/fm2008. click on the fm icon.

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I just checked that folder, no fm icon in there just folders ( 'data' 'editor data' and 'uninstall football manager')... Not sure what's wrong with it was working fine just last week.

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I just checked that folder, no fm icon in there just folders ( 'data' 'editor data' and 'uninstall football manager')... Not sure what's wrong with it was working fine just last week.

Weird problem. Sounds like it hasnt installed fully. I dont know much about Macs to be much of a help but have you tried installing to a different location on your HD? Its a long shot but it may work *shrug*

Corf - go to the finder, delete everything to do with SI and FM and re-install. When the install is complete, drag the FM Icon to your desktop, not straight into apps, and then move it to the dock and apps from there. I had the same problem, and that was the way around it for me :thup:

If you're still having troubles, let me know and I'll see if I can help further.

I had the same problem with my laptop. When the install wizard is running it asks you where you would like to put the files. and sets programs as the default. change this to your desktop. i did this and i now have the icon and all the other files on my desktop. a small price to pay for FM!!!

Archived