Scouting: What is the advantage of scouting a region versus a country?

I usually just assign whole regions to a scout rather than individual countries as they can cover more ground. With only 5 scouts it would be very unproductive to assign a country to any of them.

What would be the advantage of scouting a country only?

Also is there any way that scouts will only recommend 4star or higher potential players? Its a PITA when scouts recommend a player and when you look at the scouts report, the only recommend 1 or 2 stars for the player.

When I'm managing in the Premiership/Serie A/La Liga I always have one scout assigned to each of the other two countries. Like dude already said, you find more players and can scout them quicker. And the best talent is likely to be in those three countries.

my strategy to find good youngsters was to just go into other teams youth teams and put everyone in the team into a shortlist and then assign scouts to scout those young guys.

i only went to the big teams from about 5 countries but if i spent more time i could have covered more teams - saw a few from brazil especially that had decent potential.

i was at arsenal by the way so i had very good/the best scouts and some money behind me.

randomj

• 2 years later...

Could you specify the specific Clubs you target while scouting.....

my strategy to find good youngsters was to just go into other teams youth teams and put everyone in the team into a shortlist and then assign scouts to scout those young guys.

i only went to the big teams from about 5 countries but if i spent more time i could have covered more teams - saw a few from brazil especially that had decent potential.

i was at arsenal by the way so i had very good/the best scouts and some money behind me.

randomj

Archived