What a Wierd Season

Not been on FMH for a while, the game got two easy and was bored of winning everything. Decided to have a go on sunday and get a final 30 seasons in before FMH 2009's released. I renamed Gainsborough to Barnsley town, dropped the rep to 50 and swapped them with York city in the BSP.

So now im starting in the BSP with no contracted players, just Grey ones. I had no money and nobody wanted to join me as the highest wage i could offer was £300pw.

Nether the less i conducted a season plan of fighting relegation and see what squad i could string together for the season after - How wrong was i, !!!!!!!!!!!

I set my tactics and picked my team from the grey players. The 1st thing i noticed was grey players are rated pretty good for the leagues average - surley these players who play for free, are always 100% match fit, never get suspended, or injured - can do well??

Hell yeah they can, I won the BSP losing only one game, won setanta cup and was FA cup semi-finalists. My average goals per game stand at 4.12, i won 7-2 four times, 8-3 twice, 9-2 once and also won fulham at home in the FA cup 5-1. Yes with no real players!!

I have cancelled all my july 1st free transfers and the challenege goes into L2. surley they wont do well in the league, or will they?

So the relevance to this thread is, if you want to start at the bottom, release all your players and you will go along way.

Archived