Which FM Players would you have as your best man/groomsmen?

My mate and I were just talking about a mates wedding and then we just had a laugh at suggestions like "Oh I definitely gotta get Rodrigo Palacio as a groomsmen" which just made us think, who in your current FM team or players that have been in past teams, would you have as your best man and groomsmen. Try choose those who have always been there for you, shown consistency and stood by your side to help you through crucial moments in your FM seasons.

I'll get the ball rolling, I'm thinking more of the present and as I am currently west brom it would have to be like this:

Best Man: Danny Haynes - Danny mate, you came to me as 20 year old striker who didn't see much game-time but we learned a lot from each other...I made you my lone striker, and you produced 26 goals in 31 games...Will you be my best man?

Groomsmen:

Diego Buonanotte - Your a great character with good work ethic even though your not the strongest guy, your creativity and team work with your many assists has made you one of the groomsmen.

Senna: You came to me as a mate that just hit a high by winning the Euros with Spain, but then hit a new low when you suddenly weren't good enough for your so called friends and Villarreal. But I took a chance on you, and you took a chance to help me push for glory and I never regretted the decision, always had highs with you thanks mate.

Scott Carson: Although the England boys won't forgive you for the blunder, you helped me push hard for my dreams of being in Europe, you were solid as a rock for me and I called on you for the times I needed someone solid, cheers mate.

Santi Carzola: You came with your good mate Senna, as you were one that didn't wanna leave his side, and I respect that commitment, and you have given me the same commitment through great performances and its what has given you the honor of being a groomsmen, cheers mate.

As you can see I went in to detail, its not needed just thought I'd give a bit of example

Wierd but great thread.

For me it would be Danut Coman.

I took over Sheff Wed and he was the GK there and I had to play Sheff Utd away from home in the FA Cup for my first game in charge. Being an Owls fan IRL, it meant alot to me that we won. That looked very unlikely as we were 1-0 down in the 92nd minute. BUT we won a corner and Coman went up for it, and headed home the equaliser. He then went on to make two terrific saves in extra time to keep us in it and we managed to win when my striker scored with 6 minutes left.

He's not the best player I ever had, far from it but he is probably the most reliable player I ever had in any FM. He made so many awesome saves that I credit him with keeping us up that year.

Other than that, Marcus Tudgay. He was in the same game and his stats were really poor, especially for a Premiership player but again, he was so reliable. He was basically my only player who could comfortably play on the right wing. Despite his poor stats he scored 14 goals that season from the wing and very rarely had a bad game for us. I got better players as the seasons went on but he was always there when I needed him. I remember a cup game, he was on the bench and my so called better players played terribly bad. I brought him on in the second half and he hit two goals to win us the game. I bow down to you Marcus :D

Anyway, excuse my rambling....

so you first spoke to him at 3 months old hey. thats amazing ;)

Point taken, my mother and his mother were friends when I was that age, I guess Ive been friends with him since I was 2 years old, once I was able to form sentences and communicate on a basic level. :D

Best Man : "Neto" (Eduardo, the defender one) - My first true rough diamond, you came to me with bags of potential, and will leave with more medals than positions you can play. A truely versatile gentleman. I know we can't quite agree what your best position is, but that's because you truely are the best man for any role. It may have taken a couple of years (and a year off in Germany with Bayern) for you to come through as more than a utility sub, but once you was there, you've been a true giant.

Groomsmen:

Johan Djourou, you are a true rock. Like Neto, you had a couple of years playing second fiddle, but you soon proved your true class to me. True class is a world class player who has never asked to leave. A man so classy that with worldbeating performances behind you, i was ashamed to see you happy to stay on 20k a week. Even then, you bit my hand off for £35k when others would have demanded 80.

Pablo Piatti - Our first year was a rocky one. You may have impressed, but I couldn't see how we'd fit together long term, and let you go to Italy, pocketing a nice £6million profit from a £1million signing. You was never really happy without me though, nor was I without you, so I brought you back, paying less than you left for. An average striker, you truely excelled when i put you in the middle of the park, and have been my savior more than once.

Henri Lansbury - I must have been crazy selling you to City. I certainly wasn't crazy bringign you back for 3 million more a year later. You truely are the most gifted midfielder of your generation, and would probably be one of the best strikers too if I'd let you.

Archived