Overall games played and goals scored in FM09?

In previous versions of FM (formally CM) when you went on a player's history screen it showed all of the games the player had played that season and all of the goals they had scored but in FM08 and maybe previous versions? (I'm not sure) The history only shows the amount of games played in the league and the aount of goals scored in the league. Will this be changed back to overall games and goals for that season in FM09? Because I believe that it looks better and is easier to get the info that is needed instead of having to select the season and then look at the bottom to see how they did.

Thanks.

It's still the same to keep consistency with the researched data which is only for league appearances

Yeah, I can understand that fully, but only seeing the league stats makes it feel like you aren't getting the full picture, and having to click every individual season annoys me, I know it isn't much but its like a small luxury that's been taken away from you.

Surely it wouldn't trouble SI to include an option to let us view it how we like?

It's still the same to keep consistency with the researched data which is only for league appearances

TBH i like the system that you are using now. I tend to buy players who can keep a good league season going, cups & euro cups are just an extra. I don't think there would be anyone who really buys a player just so he can play in the CL. The league is always first priority no matter what...

You'll always buy players who can cope with a full league season. So basically its a realistic representation...

• SI Staff
Yeah, I can understand that fully, but only seeing the league stats makes it feel like you aren't getting the full picture, and having to click every individual season annoys me, I know it isn't much but its like a small luxury that's been taken away from you.

Surely it wouldn't trouble SI to include an option to let us view it how we like?

I'm sure we could look at ways of improving the way this information is presented in the future

It can depend. If for example I'm competing in the Champions League and looking for a new striker, if I find one with an excellent domestic record but poor european record, I won't sign him.

That said, it does look a lot neater having just domestic stats :)

OK :D I'd never do that tbh. But it does indeed look much cleaner, neater and better this way.

@ Ter - thanks :D

@ Vinsanity - I find the continental history can actually be more useful when signing players from leagues you arent playing, as those stats reflect matches that the game actually processes, whereas the league stats are just generic (I think)

Yeah i know, i do that too. But the system used now has a better overall layout and you can still check out the continental competitions performances...

Archived