Bolton

Just completed first season with Bolton and finished a disappointing 13th in league, with very random results. Would lose at home to Fulham then win away at Chelsea.

Won 13 Draw 13 Lost 12 For 52 Against 36 Points 52

However, did well in the cups:

League Cup - Winners

FA Cup - Semi Finals

Euro Cup - Runners Up

Nicolas Anelka - Played 45 Scored 42

The board expected to stay clear of relegation and wanted cup success at start of season. How much does the boards expectations effect how well the club does?

I think the fact you won a cup with Bolton, could be considered a major success! :D

I don't think the expectation's effect the club though, only you!

I've had stay clear of relegation with a club before and finished in Europe, I guess it's all down to tactics, and a bit of luck, that's the fun of manager games! :D

Still, I think with a club like Bolton, a cup will always make up for a not so good league position. All you need is to make some good signings in the summer, whichever areas need improving, with Bolton though it's probably quite a lot.

Good luck!

:thup:

fernando torres lfc I wonder who you could be???

Also, St.Dazzle, I would try and sign players with contracts running out, you can usually offer them contracts in January.

Also, sign a couple of older players, there a lot cheaper and can give you a good couple of season's, enough to get your team winning more trophies and higher league positions, which in turn will give you more transfer/wage budget!

Try searching for players who are 30+ in a couple of position's e.g a CB, a CM and a SC

:thup:

Haha he's not even trying any more...

To the OP, I would doubt that the board's pre-season expectations affect your team peformances as I think you're suggesting. I'd say the cup results meeting those expectations was a bit of a fluke. Oh and congrats on LC! ;)

Archived