Substitions

Just curios as to how we all use our subs,

do you make your subs at a certain time?

do you make all your subs at once?

do you wait for a player to get to a certain condition before replacing him?

what do you do if you keeper has been injured/sent off and you havent got a sub?

questions like that!

i normally wait until 60 mins then make all 3 at once to try and influence the game but if a player drops below 80% i take them off. as for the keeper i normally put the LB in goal

Hmm, depending on the situation of the game mate.

If we're sitting in a comfortable lead say, of 2-0 or 3-0 around 60 minutes then I'll bring on a defensive midfielder to make my midfield more defensive and frustrate opponents. Tends to work and get a clean sheet for my team pretty often ;)

If I'm losing or whatsoever and my strikers seem to be having a bad rating, no doubt I'll take the under-performing strikers off and bring on my super-sub. (GYAN!) :D

Depends on the game, like xenardo mentions.

If I have a good lead i'll sub in some youngsters i want to get match experience.

For the rest is mostly make one sub at 45 mins. This is always someone with the lowest rating. The remaining two are picked on either performance or condition.

If my keeper gets sent out i most of the time do nothing. Only if i have a slender lead.

I'm a bit lazy with subs to be honest... Also in my current game with Barrow we're a bit light on because I've gone for quality over quantity and the wage cap disagrees :s

So I only usually make subs when I have to, and even then I sometimes don't have any on the bench :(

It's very rare for me not to use all 3 subs because I'm always trying to get players as many games as possible.

If I'm struggling in the game I'll make a change or two at half time if I have players playing badly.

If I get 2 or 3 ahead I will usually make 2-3 subs between 45-60, depending on the quality of opposition.

About the only time I won't make mass changes is when I'm up by a goal but my players are playing well and have good condition.

• 5 weeks later...

I normally sub, once players condition falls below 80, unless in the last 10 mins, or if player is sent off, then I sub a winger and leave my team short on one of the wings.

I don't worry about ratings too much, because a Player can have a 5 rating at half time and recover to score 3 goals an 8 rating and be MoM,

Depends on game, situation.

In a league match, I play my best team. If we go a few goals up, I put a few players onto the tired ones. If we are down, I go all hell for a goal.

In a cup, usually leave my better players out, unless its against top op. If things get problematic, then I put on the 'stars'

I almost exclusively use subs when player condition is falling towards the end of a game, especially if there is another game in the next few days or the result of the match is not in any doubt.

Also use subs if one of my midfielders / attackers is playing badly [has a rating of 5 or below].

Unless i get an injury or player sent off, i follow this rule.

Half Time : First substitute

60 Mins : Second Substitute

70 Mins : Third Subsitute (If drawing / losing)

Archived