Should I Pre-Order FM09

Whilst I realise it is premature to be thinking about system requirements for FM09, I am interested to know if it will be much more memory hungry than 08. My laptop is dying slowly, and only has a pentium 1.7ghz processor and 1gb of RAM. With the 3D match engine, do you think I will be able to run FM09? FM08 already runs fairly slowly on my system, and the 2D match engine can sometimes jerk... Am I stuck with 08 til I can afford a new computer? If so it will be a sad sad day, for it will be the first time since CM98/99 that I have not had the game on release day....

Whilst I realise it is premature to be thinking about system requirements for FM09, I am interested to know if it will be much more memory hungry than 08. My laptop is dying slowly, and only has a pentium 1.7ghz processor and 1gb of RAM. With the 3D match engine, do you think I will be able to run FM09? FM08 already runs fairly slowly on my system, and the 2D match engine can sometimes jerk... Am I stuck with 08 til I can afford a new computer? If so it will be a sad sad day, for it will be the first time since CM98/99 that I have not had the game on release day....

With that laptop sepc you will NOT be able to use the 3D but will still be able to use the 2D and play the game.

I think you should be ok. Miles has said that he thinks the specs for the game should not be all that different from the last game. If your game runs slowly then I would try to figure out why. How many leagues are you running? What other programs are you running at the same time as FM? Trying to stop some of them might help your performance.

Remember that if your computer can't handle the 3D then the game will automatically default to the 2D so you should still be able to play the game.

Archived